Mikey's Atlanta Show Scores

I tried to read some of it but it was formatted so bad.

I never knew about this. Interesting.

Some of you have a really long history together.

Is DCP a full-time position for some here? Does it produce revenue?

I would find it interesting to learn about how Drum Corps Planet became what is today. It's relationship with corps, corps directors etc. Also, details on readership stats, it's effect on the activity as well on even how shows are designed. Specifically, does DCI and Designers give credence to what is written here and respond or even "change" based off feedback written here.

I believe this is a labor of love for most but with all the time and energy involved it would be nice to know if there was some sort of revenue.

A posting on the history would be very interesting...to me at least.

I first found RAMD about 15 years ago. I met some pretty interesting people there. And, truth be told, it wasn't the Wild Woman of Wisconsin that drove me away. Holding your own with her was easy if you knew how to push her buttons. It was the idiots who infested with their NDC (non drum corps) crap.

There were some first-class discussions there. Some very knowledgable people. As previously noted, you had to know your stuff or you'd get called out. I had a lot of fun. Won a couple of gRAMDies, the annual awards thread. And we did have our share of flakes. Just like real life! The group was certainly not for everyone, especially those with thin skins or agendas.

There are quite a few DCP people that used to get together at shows through their RAMD association. I've met a few in my time. I remember one instance when I went to SCV's housing site at DATR to catch a little rehearsal time. My friend John I got out of my Blazer with the Arizona plates and somebody shouted, "Which one of you is VK Garry?" BTW, that friend Jhon was someone I met through RAMD when I posted a thread asking for riders to share costs to go to DATR from Phoenix. We ended up forming a small corps in Arizona for a while.

Best of all, I met my wife there. Don't know too many RAMD subscribers that can claim that! Are there any romances/releationships that have started on DCP?

VKG in Vegas

• Like 1

I first found RAMD about 15 years ago. I met some pretty interesting people there. And, truth be told, it wasn't the Wild Woman of Wisconsin that drove me away. Holding your own with her was easy if you knew how to push her buttons. It was the idiots who infested with their NDC (non drum corps) crap.

This is what drove me away. I used to have a ball in RAMD, thinking I could engage HER in a civil conversation. It was not a place for the feint of heart; as others have said, you had to know your stuff as there was no mercy for pontification. I know that rule first hand.

• Like 1

I was proud of the fact that I proved her wrong and made her admit she was wrong on RAMD.

I believe I was the only person to acomplish that feat.

• Like 2

There were some first-class discussions there. Some very knowledgable people. As previously noted, you had to know your stuff or you'd get called out. I had a lot of fun. Won a couple of gRAMDies, the annual awards thread. And we did have our share of flakes. Just like real life! The group was certainly not for everyone, especially those with thin skins or agendas.

There are quite a few DCP people that used to get together at shows through their RAMD association. I've met a few in my time. I remember one instance when I went to SCV's housing site at DATR to catch a little rehearsal time. My friend John I got out of my Blazer with the Arizona plates and somebody shouted, "Which one of you is VK Garry?" BTW, that friend Jhon was someone I met through RAMD when I posted a thread asking for riders to share costs to go to DATR from Phoenix. We ended up forming a small corps in Arizona for a while.

Best of all, I met my wife there. Don't know too many RAMD subscribers that can claim that! Are there any romances/releationships that have started on DCP?

VKG in Vegas

Krista and Tristan Moody who are more OT forums posters.

you should join the OT forums VKG...many faces you'd remember

• Like 1

Krista and Tristan Moody who are more OT forums posters.

you should join the OT forums VKG...many faces you'd remember

I've gone there occasionally. Things move pretty fast, though, and requires a lot of time keeping up. Same reason my Facebook time is reduced during drum corps season. Only so many hours in a day. I can't even keep up with the pictures thread in the historical section!

Garry in Vegas