Mikey's Atlanta Show Scores

Suggestion: you need more practice time on your percussion judging skills. I wouldn't want a trained percussionist judging an 80 man brass line for that matter either. You're probably skilled in judging brass lines, music ensemble, and probably other captions. But nobody.... NOBODY... has the requisite skills to judge all the captions of brass, percussion, guard, visual demand, visual execution, etc all at once. It's impossible. The eye, ear can not take it all in. Thats why we have 5-8 judges judging certain captions... and focusing their eyes and ears on those captions alone in the performance. If you think you can take it all in and judge all the 2 dozen Corps in all the facets and components of the show and give scores in the 16 subcaptions and then total it up, down to the tenths, then you have jumped the shark with this stuff, imo..... No... Can... Do.

Psssssshhhhhhhh.....

[/Howdy]

don't have time to do that, just too busy involved in something at the moment that is very important

:doh:

• Like 2

Did anyone mention the part about quitting Spirit of Atlanta two weeks before finals? What was that, 1982 Mikey?

Garry in Vegas

• Like 3

I sure did, and I showed my scores to several Spirit of Atlanta Alumni BEFORE the DCI scores were ever announced as proof.

I bet most people would believe that I did come up with those scores BEFORE I heard any of the DCI scores.

These were ALL MY SCORES based upon watching 26 drumcorps, I was scoring these corps where I thought they should be, I was not trying to guess where the DCI judges might score them.

Wow TO Mike, your accusing me of being dishonest really dissapoints me.

and to be honest this is a more a reviews forum topic than for the main forum, but why let the facts get in your way?

For the inside scoop you have to read through tons of his posts to RAMD for the past 10 years. :blink:

Yes, the skate board team and the horse trailer Christin puppet shows are just part of his history.

don't forget the free floater snares

• Haha 1

Did anyone mention the part about quitting Spirit of Atlanta two weeks before finals? What was that, 1982 Mikey?

Garry in Vegas

well the corps was holding him back :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

well the corps was holding him back :rolleyes:

Isn't that when he stated drum corps is evil so he bailed ?