Why is drum corps so weird now?

That term (same as pageantry) really creeps me out. Doesn't make me think of choreography, but more like...

Well... just do a google image search for body sculpting.

Now that you've seen that, can we agree to stop using that term?

For the record it was Suncoast '88. Go back and watch that show. It could still work now.

HAHA, exactly. Body sculpting does NOT make me think of choreography at all. At worst, it's something you shouldn't do in front of the kids, and at best, it's doing core exercises on a yoga mat.

Hey kid, welcome aboard the Old Pharts bus. :ohmy:

It will be a number of years before you can sit in the back with the really cool people. :whistle:

HONK HONK :shutup:

I Wanna Drive!!! :cool:

Am I just the old fart that I despised back when I marched?

Old?

Fart?

C'mon Albert don't make me call the PC police. Let's try and be a little more sensitive with the words you use.

BTW: Nobody is an "old fart" until you start purchasing shoes with velcro instead of laces. It's only then can you join the elite club that I'm a charter member of. Also, you get to the points where you "fart" (as you put it) so much that they don't even really stink. Here in the home we just call it air circulation.

You aged out only 4 years ago and you don't like some things already? Imagine how you would feel if you aged out decades ago. I won't list my issues with the direction corps have gone because it seems like most in here love the current state of DCI. Those of us old school people get blasted when we compare corps of today with the way corps were years ago. This is why fans are divided and it should not be that way. I better stop right here so as not to offend those who like amps, gymnastic movements, athleticism and a host of other things.

I haven't really watched any shows since I aged out in 2007, and now that I'm watching current shows on the DCI Fan Network I'm pretty shocked by how much things have changed. It's the amps, it's not the electronics and synths, I actually like all that stuff. But the uniforms, the show designs, everything, wtf is going? It seems like every corps now does a "brooding and mysterious" preshow, and everyone is doing A LOT of dance movement as opposed to actual marching. Am I just the old fart that I despised back when I marched? Why can't we go back to the days of Summertrain Blues Mix and Frameworks :-(? I know when I was marching we were already on the path to Bando-dom, but man is the top 12 in bando territory now.

I'm sorry - I really am sorry.

I agree with a lot of things you say here, but hearing a guy who aged out while I was in my third round of drum corps retirement calling himself an "old fart" has me rolling on the floor.....

No disrespect intended. I'm really, really sorry....:tongue:

Edited by Grandpa