Shake on the Lake

Wow! GO Oregon Crusaders! Looks like we got ourselves a barnburner!!!! SCVC, BDB, OC, and Spartans. Who's going to take the title? ho's it going to be next Tuesday? Can't wait to see how this goes down! :thumbup:

I'll be honest, I didn't think Oregon Crusaders had a chance of catching BDB this season. When I saw them a few weeks ago, the show was just not up to par.

But through determination and hard work they have elevated themselves to the top.

And defeated a corps that had lost only once in the past three years.

Great job OC. A well earned victory tonight. Very impressive.

Cali.

Edited by Calistar

Apologies for the lack of pictures, by the way. I'm in the process of attempting to downgrade my iPhone from the iODS 5 beta back to iOS 4 so I can get my wi-fi hotspot back for tomorrow's show.

I'm working on the pictures right now. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepsimanab/collections/72157627373652752/. It's my home show, so I was doing other duties, but managed to snap at least a few photos of each corps.

What's the issue?

The issue is that I'm running iOS 5 beta 4, which broke the wi-fi hotspot on my iPhone. I tried fixing it all night through the show by trying to downgrade back to iOS 4, but Apple has apparently kaboshed the ability to do that and the custom fixes I found online weren't working, either.

Ironically, after the show, I saw that iOS 5 beta 5 was available for over the air installation. I did that and my hotspot works again. In fact, I'm connected to it right now, so my setup is ready for tonight's coverage of the World Class show here in Erie.

I'll be honest, I didn't think Oregon Crusaders had a chance of catching BDB this season. When I saw them a few weeks ago, the show was just not up to par.

But through determination and hard work they have elevated themselves to the top.

And defeated a corps that had lost only once in the past three years.

Great job OC. A well earned victory tonight. Very impressive.

Cali.

This is especially impressive since OC went on before BDB, so they already had the number for BDB to beat. BDB just couldn't pull it off last night, although they did perform well.

Thinking back, I do feel that OC was on fire last night and brought their A game. BDB was also strong, but they didn't have that special "oomph" to their performance which OC had. Now, the question is who will have that "oomph" performance on Monday and Tuesday?

They must have been clicking on all cylinders. I've only had one or two moments like that in Drum Corps and you can't really describe it. It's the greatest feeling in the world.

This is especially impressive since OC went on before BDB, so they already had the number for BDB to beat. BDB just couldn't pull it off last night, although they did perform well.

Thinking back, I do feel that OC was on fire last night and brought their A game. BDB was also strong, but they didn't have that special "oomph" to their performance which OC had. Now, the question is who will have that "oomph" performance on Monday and Tuesday?

That is so awesome!!! I was texting OC staff and kids after the show and they were definitely 'on a high' after that run last night.

I'm so very, very proud of Oregon! What a great moment in the history of our corps! Very cool.

Like we've been saying these past few weeks, that title is still definitely up for grabs. That being said, I know that Oregon is going to hit that field harder than ever today to ensure that they don't let their current 1st place rank slip away.

GO OREGON CRUSADERS!!!!!

Hell, even us Fans/Alumni are on a high right now! I SO WISH I could be there with them along this road to a possible GOLD Medal in Open Class! I was there when we won Div 3... back when it existed. This would be like getting Div 2 gold medal! GET IT OC! *CRUSADE*

EDIT: If the staff reads this before Monday. Let the kids know HOW MUCH support they have from the random people of the country. Not only is it Fans/Alumni, but EVERYONE is rooting for Oregon to take the title.

Disclaimer: BDB is not a bad corps, they've worked hard for what they've become, and in no way think they are undeserving. However, I am hella Biased haha.

Edited by OC Euph
  • Like 1