Why isn't Boston placing higher?

Have they peaked? Is it judge bias? I just don't understand how they could ALMOST be beating SCV a week or so ago, and were well ahead BK, with a much harder show and better execution, but now all of a sudden SCV is 2 points ahead and BK is beating. What's going on???

I love the enthusiasm but hate post like this... no matter how well Boston does or doesn't I am appreciative for the products those around them put out... Took me being out of the activity 5 years and coming home to the states from the military after my pops died to realize that placement means nothing... no matter placement I dig this years shows for Boston, Madison, BK and BlueStars(former staff from my days with BAC working there)

Edited by Navy Crusader
  • Like 4

"WE DON'T GAVA!" has been one of my favorite corps lines for years...I sincerely doubt that the Crusaders themselves are worried about the number. They are a FANTASTIC Boston Crusaders corps! I love this show! I love this corps and this year. As long as you're in the Saturday night show, everything else is just words over a microphone...and I tell you now, the Crusaders will have a phenomenal time on the field. Not one more or less tear will be shed by a single giant over how BK or SCV do. And that's that.

• Like 3

Alex is right. Both of these corps have terribly weak brass sections riddled with over blowing and intonation issues. Bk should be beating both imo

There's nothing weak about Boston's or SCV's brass sections. I agree the BK has a better hornline this year, but all three of these hornlines are good. Also, there's a few different approaches to brass playing going on here, and that's a good thing. It's the reason why BD sounds different than Phantom, Cavies sound different than Crown, Cadets sound different than Bluecoats. There's also the Jupiter sound vs. the King sound vs. the Yamaha sound. All three have different tendencies, and hide things so that a less "in-the-know" listener might miss.

• Like 1

What a mature and non repulsive response to this. :thumbup: (That was without sarcasm....lol)

Then give him a plus!

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1

The key to my return to and enjoyment of drum corps was letting go of caring about scoring. I offer my opinions about who I like, and who I think is better than whom...but I really don't care who places where. That is the job of the judges.

My job - the one I've chosen to accept (M.I. reference there, for you younguns...) is to be a fan...a supporter...a check writer (thanks IRS...), and leave the scores to those people who seem to enjoy urinating off most everyone in the world of drum corps.

Have they peaked? Is it judge bias? I just don't understand how they could ALMOST be beating SCV a week or so ago, and were well ahead BK, with a much harder show and better execution, but now all of a sudden SCV is 2 points ahead and BK is beating. What's going on???

Albert

Boston has brought out a great show this year. I went back and viewed on YouTube Les Mis / 1812 some of the greatest music of all time. You and all the great talented kids in Boston have done a great job fielding this production. When you go back and view the music / film

I am just blow en away by how well and real this show is to the original. Good luck this week. You will do fine.

"WE DON'T GAVA!" has been one of my favorite corps lines for years...I sincerely doubt that the Crusaders themselves are worried about the number. They are a FANTASTIC Boston Crusaders corps! I love this show! I love this corps and this year. As long as you're in the Saturday night show, everything else is just words over a microphone...and I tell you now, the Crusaders will have a phenomenal time on the field. Not one more or less tear will be shed by a single giant over how BK or SCV do. And that's that.

Truer words have never been spoken. The Boston Crusaders haven't lasted 71 years by letting themselves be defined by a few tenths....or placements for that matter. Philosphically, BAC have always thought of themselves as pretty much immune from the drama of DCI's competitive ups and downs. If you ask them who is the BEST drum corps in DCI, they'll say it is BAC, regardless of the final placements. :tongue:

Having said that, the corps has had a great summer, and the members I spoke with in Allentown last weekend told me they were sad to see it end. Yeah, I've been predicting 6th or 7th here on DCP, because that's what we all do here....but the kids really remained focused on bringing the house down.

Congrats BAC on a spectacular season!

• Like 1