Why isn't Boston placing higher?

Have they peaked? Is it judge bias? I just don't understand how they could ALMOST be beating SCV a week or so ago, and were well ahead BK, with a much harder show and better execution, but now all of a sudden SCV is 2 points ahead and BK is beating. What's going on???

• Like 2

Yes, it is judges bias. They are out to get BAC. It has nothing to do with the performances on the field nor the honest opinions of the judging panels. /sarcasm :)

Edited by jwscv87

Yes, it is judges bias. They are out to get BAC. It has nothing to do with the performances on the nor the honest opinions of the judging panels. /sarcasm :)

i knew it!

Have they peaked? Is it judge bias? I just don't understand how they could ALMOST be beating SCV a week or so ago, and were well ahead BK, with a much harder show and better execution, but now all of a sudden SCV is 2 points ahead and BK is beating. What's going on???

Really? A much harder show? Have you seen SCV's show this year? If you have and still think that BAC has a much more difficult show than SCV, that's fine. That's your opinion. Just saying that many more people would agree that the Vanguard has a much more difficult show than Boston this year.

• Like 2

Honestly, i think Boston's been overscored for quite sometime.

SCV too for that matter.

• Like 2

"Much harder show" - your opinion, but you really don't know that for certain. All 3 of those shows are difficult (Boston, SCV, BK)

"better execution" - are you sure about this? This varies throughout the summer. Corps "A" can start stronger than corps "B." Corps B then catches up and cleans while corps A makes changes. It happens, things change over the course of the summer. Where you start or where you are come late July even has no bearing on where you will end up. Some shows take longer to gel, some peak.

For what it's worth, I thought Boston won the show last night in Massillon. However, they did change their closer and they need to clean a few things. SCV looks very dirty to me and somehow they did manage a 91+. Not sure how to read that, but SCV plays far better than people give them credit for (their brass, we know their percussion is good). I was impressed with their brass last night. Probably stronger than Boston, I simply do not like SCV's show.

The Blue Knights only have a very small part of their show that is weak (last 20 seconds), but the rest is top-to-bottom great drum corps. Boston is also sporting an awesome show, but they have a minor glitch in programming in their ballad which needs adjusted. I'd honestly say that's the difference between Boston and BK. Not sure I see either beating SCV come finals, as much as I would like that to happen.

• Like 3

Stop whining about these things... :tongue:

It is only ONE late season show that BK topped them and only by a few tenths anyway...They LOST 11 times to Madison before they beat them this year. If anything the judging community has been quite favorable to BAC this year, but I believe well deserved by their great visual program. Did they have a bad panel at Massillon? I really don't know...There was obviously something the panel didn't like from their performance...I was not at the show, so it would be dumb for me to comment with just speculation. Which I believe is what a lot of people like to do around here BTW.

I will say though that I felt that BAC should have topped SCV at Lawrence, but that was a close call as well. I can say that I disagree with the other posters that say BAC is being over scored. SCV is being over scored if anyone in my opinion from what I saw and heard in person. My prediction is that BAC will do just fine when it all comes together tomorrow at prelims.

For now you should just give BK that WON the show in Massillon congratulations...and SCV who has held their position credit for just that - staying on top.

And don't forget... "We don't GAVA!"

• Like 3

Stop whining about these things... :tongue:

It is only ONE late season show that BK topped them and only by a few tenths anyway...They LOST 11 times to Madison before they beat them this year. If anything the judging community has been quite favorable to BAC this year, but I believe well deserved by their great visual program. Did they have a bad panel at Massillon? I really don't know...There was obviously something the panel didn't like from their performance...I was not at the show, so it would be dumb for me to comment with just speculation. Which I believe is what a lot of people like to do around here BTW.

I will say though that I felt that BAC should have topped SCV at Lawrence, but that was a close call as well. I can say that I disagree with the other posters that say BAC is being over scored. SCV is being over scored if anyone in my opinion from what I saw and heard in person. My prediction is that BAC will do just fine when it all comes together tomorrow at prelims.

For now you should just give BK that WON the show in Massillon congratulations...and SCV who has held their position credit for just that - staying on top.

And don't forget... "We don't GAVA!"

What a mature and non repulsive response to this. :thumbup: (That was without sarcasm....lol)