Discounted TOC!

I have it on good authority that the judges were told to disregard the TOC scores while judging this Championship Week. A lot of anger has been stirred regarding the most previous TOC panel and a certain "celebrity" judge.(Who practically called the show) Why do you think they took that recap off of dci.org? I wonder what lengths people would go to in an attempt to "stack the deck" in their favor. Particularly at their own home show???? Also, new this week, a number of people from the cavies' rehearsal site are telling me that the boys in green are ON FIRE!!!!!

WATCH OUT!

• Like 2

I have it on good authority that the judges were told to disregard the TOC scores while judging this Championship Week.

Of course they should disregard TOC scores. They were on a completely different system that has no bearing on the system used for DCI prelims, semis, and finals. Nothing nefarious about that.

The whole 'celebrity judge' think is a completely different issue. I'm not inclined to worry about it much, to be honest.

Edited by Kamarag

I have it on good authority that the judges were told to disregard the TOC scores while judging this Championship Week. A lot of anger has been stirred regarding the most previous TOC panel and a certain "celebrity" judge.(Who practically called the show) Why do you think they took that recap off of dci.org? I wonder what lengths people would go to in an attempt to "stack the deck" in their favor. Particularly at their own home show???? Also, new this week, a number of people from the cavies' rehearsal site are telling me that the boys in green are ON FIRE!!!!!

WATCH OUT!

Why are you so worried about scores in TOC events. I am positive there was a wink and nod moment between Gibbs and Hoppy even before Chez was asked to "judge" the show. Oh, the precious sanctity of DCI judging...blah, blah, blah. Judges have NEVER been known to confer on tomorrow's scores from their hotel room...ever.

Honestly, I'm really discouraged with all this "different sheets" crap. WHY are there different sheets? It sounds ridiculous and kinda gives a false hope as to what could possibly happen at the end of the season. Granted, I feel like Cadets had a great show when I saw them at Giants stadium, but with all this information I've been reading over the past few days, it seems like TOC shows are a moot point...and if that's the case, WHY have those types of shows in the first place? Someone please calm me down.

Also, new this week, a number of people from the cavies' rehearsal site are telling me that the boys in green are ON FIRE!!!!!

WATCH OUT!

One can only hope so! thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Turn it on, boys!

ALL previous scores should be disregarded.

Any corps can win on any given night. Theoretically.

Agreed.

Honestly, I'm really discouraged with all this "different sheets" crap. WHY are there different sheets? It sounds ridiculous and kinda gives a false hope as to what could possibly happen at the end of the season. Granted, I feel like Cadets had a great show when I saw them at Giants stadium, but with all this information I've been reading over the past few days, it seems like TOC shows are a moot point...and if that's the case, WHY have those types of shows in the first place? Someone please calm me down.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The TOC sheets are experimental, which was the whole point of the TOC shows. Even on regular DCI sheets, Cadets may very well have won the Meadowlands show. Or not. We'll never know, and it really doesn't matter. Remember, the TOC shows were designed to be different from the ground up, and I think they succeeded at that.

The corps that deserves the Championship will win on Saturday. Maybe that's Devils, maybe that's Cadets. Either way, both shows rock.