HAVE THE JUDGES SPOKEN AFTER QRTRS?

I don't think that there will be any changes in standings from Semis to Finals. Not one. The days of big moves & changes based on performance are gone. Corps arent judged based on performance anymore, Good show or bad, the judges keep everyone in their slot no matter what. A corps can't have a great show & move up a couple of spots anymore. I really miss this aspect of drum corps.

Or more realistic, corps don't make drastic changes in performance over night the last 36 hours of the season. Maybe in a caption or two (like Crown percussion from Quarters to Semis), but over all that's just not realistic.

BD's show should be renamed: Variations on a Park N' Bark.

I C WUT U DID THUR

I don't think that there will be any changes in standings from Semis to Finals. Not one. The days of big moves & changes based on performance are gone. Corps arent judged based on performance anymore, Good show or bad, the judges keep everyone in their slot no matter what. A corps can't have a great show & move up a couple of spots anymore. I really miss this aspect of drum corps.

Wow, you really haven't been paying much attention to this season have you? LOL!

Wow, you really haven't been paying much attention to this season have you? LOL!

I get your point, but he's probably right about tonight. It's not a DCI/judge conspiracy, it's just the way scores tend to go in finals week. Any change in position between 4th and 10th tonight would be a huge upset, based on the gap in scores last night. Cadets, Devils, and Cavies are still close enough and Blue Stars and Spirit are still close enough to see a swap, but looking at the way finals week scores have gone over the last 20 plus years, they most likely won't. A corps that goes up in one caption tends to drop in another, and it balances out. Early-season volatility tends to slow down the last three weeks of the season, not increase in the final week. There have been a few exceptions, but it's not common.