HAVE THE JUDGES SPOKEN AFTER QRTRS?

I look at last nights scores and think the corps with a nice gap are where the judges might want those corps to finish. If they compete like last night, the small buffer might be enough to allow them to maintain their position. Those corps in tighter groupings? Have at it!

Edited by Ghost

I look at last nights scores and think the corps with a nice gap are where the judges might want those corps to finish. If they compete like last night, the small buffer might be enough to allow them to maintain their position. Those corps in tighter groupings? Have at it!

Different panel tomorrow, 25 corps rather than 41, nothing is set in stone. I wouldn't be surprised to see more jossling tomorrow. A lot of the scores looked very conservative tonight.

There is a tendency for this to occur... but it is my no means an absolute. There have been swings from Quarters to Finals of over 2-3 points spreads in groupings, and as a result placement shifts of a couple of placement positions, both up and down from Quarters to Finals. This has happened on more than a couple of occasions the last decade to make it more than just a rare occurance.

*Yawn* They're all winners. The band with the biggest speakers will win.

I am sorry plankton these organizations are STILL DRUM CORPS not BANDS !

• Like 4

Speaking of speakers. In the theatre last night, a few corps hornlines were drowned out at times do to low bass humming, even after the music stopped. On field electronics, DCI feed, or theatre issues? At the end of Cadets was one time.

I am sorry plankton these organizations are STILL DRUM CORPS not BANDS !

Pssst. You might want to have your Sarcasm Detector adjusted. I think Plankton understands the difference and only wishes some of the corps understood it, too.

Don't be That Guy, rudi.

• Like 1

Speaking of speakers. In the theatre last night, a few corps hornlines were drowned out at times do to low bass humming, even after the music stopped. On field electronics, DCI feed, or theatre issues? At the end of Cadets was one time.

Yes i agree. Some corps electronics effects wash out the music and make thing seem unbalanced. I through the best overall controlled electronics to music content and sound was Boston. The hole show was great electronics / music design wise.

um ok - I agree with the first part of your statement

but that Cadets horn line in the final push was incredible last night - I was SHOCKED by the sound and quality they were putting out at the end - something many folks had commented on during the regular season was an issue. HUGE improvement vs. their Sunday gig at Meadowlands

corps which stuck out to me as "drown out" were Troopers, Madison (20 tubas and you need base pedal covering it up?) and several other corps in the 10-7 places

• Like 1