Semifinals Webcast chat

I don't know about you guys, but seeing all of the smiles and friendships during the age out ceremony really put things into perspective. Competition is great, but being part of these organizations is an amazing thing. Those performers are to be applauded every time they step on the field, because without them, we wouldn't have anything to love, hate, praise or argue about.

To every corps and corps member, thank you.

This activity is amazing.

LIKE X 1000... :worthy:

• Like 2

Seeing the look on the kids faces after Crown performs is just inspiring. They are having the time of their lives and are performing the heck out of that show. What a great feeling for them. Great show Crown!

whasssup? much love to my bar. brutha!!

Crown rocks and everyone knows it.

OK, what is the first song you are going to rewind on the FN and listen to again?

What is the first show want to see again?

Angels in the Architecture.

• Like 1

making statements like "GOD BD is so boring and I hate them! How come they aren't in 15th place?? GOD DCI IS SO CORRUPT." That kind of crap is what I rail against, not someone saying they don't like the show.

Then why are you arguing with the folks who are saying no such thing? I have no doubt BD deserves the scores and championships they get. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop complaining about what I don't like about their shows (and praising what I do), or that I don't wish someone else would come up with a show that can beat what BD is doing. That's not about hating BD, it's about wanting to enjoy BD's show, and all the shows. :thumbup:

Somebody please educate me - why in God's name are Cavaliers ahead of Crown?

They have an excellent show, are executing at a higher level and have a long history of being championship caliber. If you don't understand because Crown has a slightly better brass line .. or because you like their music better ... it's because the sheets are only giving about 30-35% weight on the actual music being performed. The rest is design and visual.

1. East of Eden from Phantom

2. Carolina Crown

I can that you and I are not going to get into a bar room brawl over drum corps anytime soon! cool.gif

I just clicked on a random place on the timeline, and Boston's closer of 1812 popped up. That was a pretty good place to start.

So Cadets win based on their GE MUSIC spread. I don't see any of that changing tomorrow. The rest of the captions Cadets and BD are pretty much heads up. I like it like that. WTG to both corps. :worthy: :worthy:

Looking at Percussion. Please correct me if I'm wrong, there appears to be a discrepency with the drum score from http://www.dci.org/scores/recap/view.cfm?event_id=f6d7afa2-ad5b-413c-8a0a-a1ca325a8599 to http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/scores/

It appears that Crown's percussion score went from 18.3 in the prelims to 19.2 in the Semi's. Is that right??!!