Colts logo on 50

You're right dude. You're right. They have two identical Colts helmet turf patches and painted one green. Such a smart idea when a stadium is built.

By the way, the helmet insert turf was actually a darker color of green than the rest of the turf. It couldn't be because... maybe... the rest of the turf has had a few football games played on it and that this is a special insert... it MUST be that they painted an identical Colts helmet green just for DCI Finals!!

The genius of this site just keeps on getting better and better.

(edit... addendum)

I'd like to know what started this. Someone asked if anyone noticed the helmet being gone and I answered and gave some information from the inside. I stood there, I pulled at the edge and lifted it up, I felt it with my hands, I played with the little black pieces of turf filler... and I did that on four consecutive days. I sent a picture to my fellow Colts fan friends noting to them how the insert felt different to walk on, as it hadn't been played on, and how it was a darker green than the rest of the field for the same reason, and how the turf filler wasn't as packed in. I told them how you could see the seams where it's inserted, and how the green 'blades' of the turf were new and unfrayed like the rest of the turf.

Why people who were either 200 yards away from it in the stands or watching in the theatre want to come on here and argue with me is beyond me.

My role in this is telling you how it is. There is, and was not, any paint on the helmet insert.

When you can find me a picture showing me the 'supposedly' washed-out Colts logo, go ahead and post it. Until them, stay classy.

FFS.

see you have your point of view (being on the field) and we have ours (the stands) you cant tell me there has NEVER been a helmet painted on that insert. Do you work at the stadium? have you watched every minute of the field crew working? didnt think so. It was clear there was a helmet on that field at some point (multiple people saw it) but i guess we are all just crazy.

Here is a thought... maybe the colts decided to have a second insert of the helmet for when the main helmet got beat up. makes sense yea? and then maybe they decided it was not necessary so they painted it back to turf green and use that for non colts events so the original helmet logo does not get unnecessary use. yea, yea, im using logic on this one.

So... they spent a bunch of money on a logo'd insert and then painted over it, right?

Use your own logic.

There are two inserts - a helmet and green field. As I said, I challenge you to find a picture where any discernable Colts logo is visible. You can't, and you won't. If it was there, someone took a picture. If someone took a picture, they posted it on the internet. If it were posted on the internet, you can find it. But you can't. So why not trust the one guy who's posting on here with evidence and pictures?

The real question... why the hell would I lie? What does it matter?

So... they spent a bunch of money on a logo'd insert and then painted over it, right?

Use your own logic.

There are two inserts - a helmet and green field. As I said, I challenge you to find a picture where any discernable Colts logo is visible. You can't, and you won't. If it was there, someone took a picture. If someone took a picture, they posted it on the internet. If it were posted on the internet, you can find it. But you can't. So why not trust the one guy who's posting on here with evidence and pictures?

The real question... why the hell would I lie? What does it matter?

organizations do things like that sometimes. s**t happens, changes are made.

give it a few days and ill have your picture. most people have not posted all their pics and vids yet. just wait and see.

Either that, or... I'm right. It's ok. It doesn't affect you at all if I actually... didn't lie to the drum corps community about the freaking turf.

And no, you won't find the picture. You can see mine. Should be all you need.

Why do you - who clearly has less info than I do - continue to argue?

Edited by Lead