Colts logo on 50

It's fine if you don't agree with me, that's your choice. However, I stood on the helmet all four days, and a couple of us reached down and felt the seams where the helmet can be lifted out. This is not to mention the obvious difference (at field level) in the 'wear' present in the green helmet insert - it had considerably less wear (as in... not having been played football on). Finally, there was no paint on the turf, which would have also painted the black turf filler. This is in contrast to the endzones, where the NFL and AFC logos were being re-painted on the turf on Wednesday as stadium setup was going on.

Believe me, as a huge Colts fan and season ticket holder, the first thing I noticed when I got there on Wednesday was the absence of the helmet. I went directly to it to examine and check it out.

But you can believe whatever you want, dude. I'm just telling you the truth.

Sorry but how is it there was a faded white helmet on the field then?...unless at some point that "removable" patch had a painted logo on it and then it was repainted green...there is no removable area. I was there, I saw the the faded logo. Turf fields use paint for logos...i have seen stadium workers lay them out before. Either they just had not painted it for the season or as a nice thought to DCI they removed it. Either way there was a faded helmet on the field.

You don't paint turf, you have removable sections of it.

Do you really think they keep repainting Jets and Giants in the end zones after every game?

At TOC, both end zones were solid green.

• Like 1

You don't paint turf, you have removable sections of it.

Do you really think they keep repainting Jets and Giants in the end zones after every game?

At TOC, both end zones were solid green.

Well either last year or 2009 (cant remember) MBI had reserved the Metrodome for a rehearsal. When we got there we could not use the field because the center 50 logo and the nfl logos on the 20s were still wet from being painted. Also back when the twins played there, you could see the faded vikings logo out in center field.

They could paint them at other stadiums, sure.

The one at LOS is removable. I stood on it every single day before any of you were in the stadium or watching in the theatre.

You can choose to disbelieve me, but it's a little silly.

They could paint them at other stadiums, sure.

The one at LOS is removable. I stood on it every single day before any of you were in the stadium or watching in the theatre.

You can choose to disbelieve me, but it's a little silly.

then it must be as i said earlier. the removable patch at some point was painted with the helmet and then repainted green. There is no denying the fact that there was a washed out colts helmet on the 50.

Being from Baltimore, anything that gets rid of the Colts logo is a plus. :smile:

You must love 18 wheeler trucks then. ;)

• Like 1

Well, here's the bottom line: who gives a rat's butt? A thread is going to go on for pages about whether a logo was painted or removable? Really?

Man, the season really IS over!

Garry in Vegas

• Like 2

then it must be as i said earlier. the removable patch at some point was painted with the helmet and then repainted green. There is no denying the fact that there was a washed out colts helmet on the 50.

You're right dude. You're right. They have two identical Colts helmet turf patches and painted one green. Such a smart idea when a stadium is built.

By the way, the helmet insert turf was actually a darker color of green than the rest of the turf. It couldn't be because... maybe... the rest of the turf has had a few football games played on it and that this is a special insert... it MUST be that they painted an identical Colts helmet green just for DCI Finals!!

The genius of this site just keeps on getting better and better.

(edit... addendum)

I'd like to know what started this. Someone asked if anyone noticed the helmet being gone and I answered and gave some information from the inside. I stood there, I pulled at the edge and lifted it up, I felt it with my hands, I played with the little black pieces of turf filler... and I did that on four consecutive days. I sent a picture to my fellow Colts fan friends noting to them how the insert felt different to walk on, as it hadn't been played on, and how it was a darker green than the rest of the field for the same reason, and how the turf filler wasn't as packed in. I told them how you could see the seams where it's inserted, and how the green 'blades' of the turf were new and unfrayed like the rest of the turf.

Why people who were either 200 yards away from it in the stands or watching in the theatre want to come on here and argue with me is beyond me.

My role in this is telling you how it is. There is, and was not, any paint on the helmet insert.

When you can find me a picture showing me the 'supposedly' washed-out Colts logo, go ahead and post it. Until them, stay classy.

FFS.

Edited by bawker
edit: removed personal attack -bawk

A final FYI...

Here is the pic I mentioned in the above post of the helmet insert on Wednesday during stadium setup. You can CLEARLY see it is darker green and that the turf filler is sitting up.

Obviously, if it were painted green, you wouldn't see all that black turf filler. If you saw my Facebook profile where I posted this pic, you'd also see a Spirit of Atlanta corps member who commented "That part of the field was really squishy. Kind of like sand. It was pretty noticeable."

Have a nice day.

V__AC61.jpg