Oregon Crusaders 3 WC Semi's Performance

I was thoroughly impressed with how much they brought it! And apparently the judges thought so too :thumbup:A THREE POINT JUMP?! Making them TOWER over their neighbor WORLD CLASS corps the Cascades. There is only ONE direction but UP!

Anyone else also feel that the power behind their hornline? HOLY HELL!

I Love you Oregon Crusaders! I can't wait to see what you can bring next year! :w00t:

EDIT: I totally messed up the topic name :thumbdown: Was meant to be "Oregon Crusaders WC Semi's Performance". The number 3 was stuck in my head from the point jump lol :music:

Edited by OC Euph
  • Like 2

I was thoroughly impressed with how much they brought it! And apparently the judges thought so too :thumbup:A THREE POINT JUMP?! Making them TOWER over their neighbor WORLD CLASS corps the Cascades. There is only ONE direction but UP!

I Love you Oregon Crusaders! I can't wait to see what you can bring next year! :w00t:

EDIT: I totally messed up the topic name :thumbdown: Was meant to be "Oregon Crusaders WC Semi's Performance". The number 3 was stuck in my head from the point jump lol :music:

You should feel very proud.

Never forget that the corps members who put in their time before the glory years are the ones who build this incredible relationship with fans all over the country.

I worked with Boston for some of the great pre-finals years including '94 when they were in on Wednesday and out on Friday - sometimes corps members miss the fact that those years are just as important to the over-all reputation, recognition, legend of the unit.

So feel good about what you built in Oregon and remember that Crown was once where Oregon Cru are now - incredibly popular, incredibly good Open Class corps with nowhere to go but up.

And Crusader kids won't be graduating to BD A or SCV either - they should hang in there and continue to build that corps (your corps) into a dynasty.

I think that drum corps fans are in love with your corps right now and can't wait to see what comes next.

Well done.

• Like 4

Very well said Ray ,they have a great corps and i loved there show this year .Keep it going the world awaits your next offering 2012 should be another great season for you.

Lol. I've never heard less than 3 pts separation called a TOWER. Here's the thing. Now that these happy open corps have tasted world class blood, I invite them to move in in may and tour all summer, non stop, coast to coast. On world sheets by the way... Hang out in the 60s for much of the summer until near the end you break into the lower 70s, and then be happy to stay there for the rest of the season. Forget about the 80s or the 90s lol. Forget about that rush you get when you win a show, won't happen. Forget about the winners vibe you carry with you from the show to rehearsal to the bus. Nobody will care to see you roll in. Spirit or Madison or Academy won't shake with fear when they see you in the lot. It will be a slog through the hottest parts of your mind until finals when a few open corps who have spent much of the season in their own beds, travelled fewer miles, had fewer breakdowns, are at the happy top of their class, show up and beat you. Do that and we'll talk about towers.

Edited by acecannon
  • Like 3

• Like 1

I think Ace is a little bitter. Obviously he has no idea what OC has gone through this year. I think all of us in Drum Corps land should support each other even if we are rivals. Because without each other we are simply an exhibition.

Go Drum Corps!!

• Like 4

I think Ace is a little bitter. Obviously he has no idea what OC has gone through this year. I think all of us in Drum Corps land should support each other even if we are rivals. Because without each other we are simply an exhibition.

Go Drum Corps!!

No dad. Not bitter. Probably more experienced. And granted, a bigger @55****. And, by the way, unaffiliated with any of the corps in question. What I do know is that OC came out July 1st, did 3 small shows, hung out in the beautiful northwest until almost August, did a handful of shows in the middle, during which they must have been happy besting big bad Bdb. Just pointing out that'these corps benefited from the sunshine blowing from the open class sheets inasmuch as accolade improves morale just as slogging through the bottom degrades it. And my response was to the classy first post in topic. Long story short, walk a mile or two in shoes before you puff yourself up to tower status.

Edited by acecannon
  • Like 3

Ace, I wouldn't mention this kind of post if I didn't have some kind of animosity towards our neighbors in the first place. I don't speak for anyone else but myself, but I remember when I marched, this attitude from the north, this "We are better because we are div 1". Seeing my friends, who a lot I previously marched with, go up north JUST because it was div 1, upset me greatly. And I would chuckle a little, when they would go there expecting GREAT things, and although marching ANYWHERE is a great accomplishment, they would barely improve all season. Oregon Crusaders has had to fight to keep it's membership, because we have a World Class neighbor. People who could walk across the street to camp, but instead drive hundreds of miles, to a corps that essentially (according to these recent scores) Is of the same peaking skill level.

If the talent in Oregon, or neighboring southern Washington (Vancouver), STAYED in Oregon... Crusaders could be so much greater then they already are.

And I'm in agreement with Dad. You are just bitter. Open class corps work JUST as hard, but in different ways. Like trying to KEEP their friends and fellow marchers from deserting, just because of being a different classification.

• Like 2

This year Oregon Crusaders were one of my favorite corps. Congratulations on a successful season.

• Like 1