Congratulations to The Cadets

This show reminded me of why I used to love the Cadets so much - I was as excited to see this show as I was when I watched them in '82, '83, '84 and '85 - there was something just so special about the programming this year!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Cadets for creating this very special show!!!

Later,

Mike

I am very proud tonight to stand shoulder to shoulder with generations of alumni of the Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps in support of the 2011 edition of The Cadets! Congratulations on winning the 2011 Drum Corps International World Championsip. The memory of your acheivment will last you a lifetime as will the lessons you learned about life and yourselves during the journey that brought you to this very moment. "....for Holy Name Shall Always Be!"

• Like 4

Just their show again. But with much less nerves and just balls to the wall performance.

I was in Miami in 1983 for Cadets title #1. At about 2:00 in the morning and for the last time, they performed their entire show again. But instead of the highly polished professional version with no mistakes, the performers put back in all the high notes and absolutely cut loose with a volume of sound and excitement never seen before. In the 30 years I've been watching drum corps, that single show, and it was an encore, might have been the best performance I've ever seen.

I wish I could have been there to see #10. It sounds like that encore might have set the standard for the new "best show ever."

• Like 1

Just their show again. But with much less nerves and just balls to the wall performance.

I wish they could put both on the DVD. Do they put the encore on there?

It is with great pleasure that I congratulate the 2011 DCI World Champion, The Cadets, 10-time world champions.

You make this alum very proud! FHNSAB

I too must congratulate the Cadets. I am a die hard Devils fan and was definitely hoping for number 15 this weekend. But I have said ever since I saw Cadets in the theater in June that they had a really good show this year. I have some serious issues with a lot of the BOA feel in too many shows recently. Crown, Cavies (last year), Blue Stars, Bluecoats and even, with the props, Devs come to mind. That being said, there were some really good shows this year and Cadets had one of them. I have not liked many of the Cadets shows since electronics started. I hated 2005 and the "Tony Robbins Self Esteem" show in 07 (???) but last year and this year, Cadets have gone back to doing solid shows that really feel more like classic drum corps. So if BD could not have won this year, I am glad to see a solid drum corps show like Angels and Demons take the title. Congrats to their members, Hoppy and staff, alums and their fans. Enjoy it! But don't count on 11 next year...BD is getting 15 in just under 52 weeks! ;)

• Like 1

I too must congratulate the Cadets. I am a die hard Devils fan and was definitely hoping for number 15 this weekend. But I have said ever since I saw Cadets in the theater in June that they had a really good show this year. I have some serious issues with a lot of the BOA feel in too many shows recently. Crown, Cavies (last year), Blue Stars, Bluecoats and even, with the props, Devs come to mind. That being said, there were some really good shows this year and Cadets had one of them. I have not liked many of the Cadets shows since electronics started. I hated 2005 and the "Tony Robbins Self Esteem" show in 07 (???) but last year and this year, Cadets have gone back to doing solid shows that really feel more like classic drum corps. So if BD could not have won this year, I am glad to see a solid drum corps show like Angels and Demons take the title. Congrats to their members, Hoppy and staff, alums and their fans. Enjoy it! But don't count on 11 next year...BD is getting 15 in just under 52 weeks! ;)

You tease... lol

but as for next year,

Cavies are having a dry spell... or how about Crown? SCV?

Thank you Cadets. You've finally topped 2000. FHNSAB.

Wow Tekk, coming from you puts a very big period on the end of that sentence.

I'm putting this year in the top 3 for me. I'll never really believe what I saw last night.

But 2000 (and others) Cadets move in and out of my "Favorite" spot; just too many to love.

SCV, I believe needs a few more years before they can battle for a title, Crown right now is a toss up, kinda like this year, they had a shot and lost it about mid-way through the season.

Unless Cadets pulls a 2006, I seriously think next year it will be Cadets,Cavaliers, Blue Devils battling for the championship, especially If there isn't a whole lot of people who age-out of cadets this year, but this discussion is for a different topic in the off-season.

But back on topic

Congrats to the Cadets, you guys had one of the best shows I have truly seen, It was amazing, and you guys had the championship after the second show in June.

Edited by ohwiseone
  • Like 1

Congratulations Cadets! What a design, and what a performance.

I watched most of the finals videos this morning, and the fans definitely won this year. To all of the corps... more of the same next year! :music:

Wait...how did you watch the finals videos this morning? Are they on FN already? I was there last night and I have GOT to see THAT show again.

Thank you Cadets. Thank you George and staff. Thank you volunteers. This was an amazing year.

Wait...how did you watch the finals videos this morning? Are they on FN already? I was there last night and I have GOT to see THAT show again.

Thank you Cadets. Thank you George and staff. Thank you volunteers. This was an amazing year.

If you have the 179$ Fan Network thing, you can already watch all the finals video's that are going to be on the DVD. Makes me wish I would of done that after seeing Cadets and Phantoms Up there