ENOUGH!

Sorry, but I feel the need to play devils' advocate. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions folks. I personally don't have a problem with fans and alums aiming their frustrations at the staff for things they don't like in a corps because that's exactly where it should be directed. As long as you are making a point not to blame the performers, fire away. Sure, I respect people's opinions that believe such talk is juvenile, but not everyone sees it that way nor do they have to. The same thing happens to sports coaching staffs all the time due to competitive reasons. It's all part of the game folks.

:thumbup:

I really have a problem with people that try to censor thoughts of other individuals. If you're one of those people that can't tolerate opinions that differ from your own, it might not be a good idea to be hanging out on message boards.

Don't like what you read on here, then state your own contrary opinion, but don't any of you dare to tell anybody else what they can and can't say.

Oh how boring it would be if this entire board was comprised of nothing but Michael Boo style "See No, Hear No, Speak No Evil" rosy and dreamy Alice in Wonderland sunshine pumping.

• Like 3

:thumbup:

I really have a problem with people that try to censor thoughts of other individuals. If you're one of those people that can't tolerate opinions that differ from your own, it might not be a good idea to be hanging out on message boards.

Don't like what you read on here, then state your own contrary opinion, but don't any of you dare to tell anybody else what they can and can't say.

Oh how boring it would be if this entire board was comprised of nothing but Michael Boo style "See No, Hear No, Speak No Evil" rosy and dreamy Alice in Wonderland sunshine pumping.

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion, and disagreeing with how they express their opinion. Nobody here is telling anyone that they aren't allowed to have an opinion. What people are taking issue with is the fact that people are using a public forum to call for individuals jobs simply because they don't like their work, or think their approaching things the wrong way. If all they were saying was that they don't like their approach, or that they don't like it, we wouldn't be having this conversation. That's the opinion part of the conversation. Calling for someone's job is no longer just an opinion, and is something that should be taken up with the organizations in question rather than aired out on a public forum. Sure there is a certain right to free speech (although this forum is privately owned so that doesn't exactly apply here), but that doesn't mean that everything one might want to say would be appropriate in every situation. You wouldn't walk into the middle of the mall and start yelling about how the manager of a store should be fired just because you didn't like the store's products. You'd probably go talk to the owners of the store. This is no different.

• Like 1

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion, and disagreeing with how they express their opinion. Nobody here is telling anyone that they aren't allowed to have an opinion. What people are taking issue with is the fact that people are using a public forum to call for individuals jobs simply because they don't like their work, or think their approaching things the wrong way. If all they were saying was that they don't like their approach, or that they don't like it, we wouldn't be having this conversation. That's the opinion part of the conversation. Calling for someone's job is no longer just an opinion, and is something that should be taken up with the organizations in question rather than aired out on a public forum. Sure there is a certain right to free speech (although this forum is privately owned so that doesn't exactly apply here), but that doesn't mean that everything one might want to say would be appropriate in every situation. You wouldn't walk into the middle of the mall and start yelling about how the manager of a store should be fired just because you didn't like the store's products. You'd probably go talk to the owners of the store. This is no different.

I agree one would not walk into the middle of the mall and start yelling about the manager....However one would A) create a video and it may go viral....B)Create a FB page talking about how bad they were treated...C) post something on their FB page to let all their friends know how bad they were treated....D) going on the stores website or FB page and write a nasty review.....A great example of this happening that comes to mind, was what the soldiers did when they were getting charged an arm and a leg for extra baggage...Do you really think their issue would of been resolved as fast as it did if they kept it private and went to the owners of Delta? In fact because of what they did all airlines changed their policy......

I am encouraged to see more and more people standing up to some of these poster who try to shout one down our try to intimidate one because they do not agree with one's point of view....Over the years some of these same poster's have asked for threads to b shut down or have said that these forums are not the place to post this or that...just Because one has an higher post count then others does not mean your voice should b louder....Or have the right to declare what can and can not b said on these forums.....

What is even more disturbing to me...Is that some of these people who are advocating censorship on these boards claim to b past Corps members...Which means to me they were at one time or still are artiest....Censorship is the artiest worst enemy.......

Did any of you get on these boards and complain when the G7 power point was leaked here on DCP? NO, why, because most agreed it was the right thing to do. Where was the outcry of people saying that this was not the place of that to b leaked?....One may disagree 100% with what or how I say things, at least I am not a hypocrite....

Edited by IntheMood
  • Like 1