APDs

Downloaded the entire Bundle and just now got done with doing all my renaming in iTunes. I'm a bit anal about my iTunes Library :-p

Drum Corps shows, for example, have to be in this format for APD'S:

Song Title: Carolina Crown 2011 (Prelims) - Rach Star

Artist: Carolina Crown

Album: 2011

So, I had to make sure all 23 files were renamed properly, had the right track order and then make sure they all had my custom Album Art. Took a while to do that AND update all my playlists and then get them synched to my iPod and iPhone. :-p Now, I will finally get to take a listen to them ... within the next few minutes. :thumbup::worthy:

Edited by KakkoiiOtaku

How are the APDs quality compared to the CDs that are made? Just trying to figure out if I should just get the APDs or wait for the CDs.

Thank you very much for getting these ready and uploaded. My bundle almost done downloading, and I can't wait to get home and listen to them on real speakers instead of my tinny-sounding laptop ones here at work.

Does anyone know if there are plans to release more of the older recordings from the DCI archives? Many of the CDs from recent years have the top 21, so if licensing allows, it should be very easy to rip and add them to the top 12 that are already on the site for those years.

Ideally, I'd even love to see some of the Div 2/3 recordings available for download. I realize that the number of listeners wanting to listen to these groups isn't nearly as large, but an affordable bundle would definitely be purchased by people like myself that can't ever have too much drum corps in their life.

Once again, thank you very much for the great recordings drumcat.

• Like 1

How are the APDs quality compared to the CDs that are made? Just trying to figure out if I should just get the APDs or wait for the CDs.

The last CD recordings I heard where from 2009. There is a level of polish that the CDs have vs the APDs. Which is why I actually prefer the APDs. I do appreciate work that goes into making finals sound almost like a studio recording. You get more clarity compared to the APDs, but I personalty prefer the slightly more crass sound the APDs provide because the sound is more dynamic. The high and low volumes are too close together on the CDs for my taste.

Ok,

I downloaded all of them, burned to cd and listened to the first few corps driving to band camp today. Please don't flame me, because I am not looking to start trouble. Just a concern, after listening, they sounded kind of bass heavy with not much treble, almost like the treble was filtered out. My car stereo isn't great, so I tried listening on my imac at school, and it still sounded like that. Just wanted to make drumcat aware - again, maybe its just me, but I know sometimes in the past bad APD's came out by accident and were re-released.

Everybody else please check yours and send your opinion - again, it could just be me.

Thanks

Lee

Ok,

I downloaded all of them, burned to cd and listened to the first few corps driving to band camp today. Please don't flame me, because I am not looking to start trouble. Just a concern, after listening, they sounded kind of bass heavy with not much treble, almost like the treble was filtered out. My car stereo isn't great, so I tried listening on my imac at school, and it still sounded like that. Just wanted to make drumcat aware - again, maybe its just me, but I know sometimes in the past bad APD's came out by accident and were re-released.

Everybody else please check yours and send your opinion - again, it could just be me.

Thanks

Lee

Noted. These are produced to sound accurate if your EQ is flat. There's also some rolloff at the top that is also needed so you don't get "shimmery" brass and cymbals that aren't realistic. Basically I'm going for what my ears hear when I'm sitting 50yl 30 rows up. Sometimes the mics get disproportionate input where they are at. But there's also a different level of low end at the 50yl and the 25yl, goo. I mean too. Whoops...