Bored And On The Fan Network...

Alright, I'm sure there are countless threads like this on here, but I don't feel like combing through all the pages. But I am bored tonight and am gonna spend some quality time on The Fan Network. I'm relatively new to DCI (Only been following since '07), and I've seen a good number of shows, but there is much much more to say. Basically I'm using this thread to ask you, the wise members of DCP, what are some essential shows for a young fan like myself should see? Might be your favorite show, or just one that sticks in your mind; also an explanation why it's a great show would be appreciated. I implore you, help me decide!

I routinely refer back to SCV '99. I know some people don't dig it but I think it's my favorite. Good rep and some sweet drill design.

1991 Star of Indiana will blow you away.

Alright, I'm sure there are countless threads like this on here, but I don't feel like combing through all the pages. But I am bored tonight and am gonna spend some quality time on The Fan Network. I'm relatively new to DCI (Only been following since '07), and I've seen a good number of shows, but there is much much more to say. Basically I'm using this thread to ask you, the wise members of DCP, what are some essential shows for a young fan like myself should see? Might be your favorite show, or just one that sticks in your mind; also an explanation why it's a great show would be appreciated. I implore you, help me decide!

Some of my personal favorites...

The Cadets 1984, 1990, 1992, 2001, 2003, 2005 Star 1990 & 1991, Santa Clara 1986, 1988,1989 1991, 1992, 1999, Phantom Regiment 1989, 1990, 1996, 2005, 2008, Madison Scouts 1988, 1992, 1995, 2005, 2010 Boston Crusaders 2000, 2009, Cavaliers 1992, 2002 Crossmen 1992

Adding to Liahona's list...

Cavaliers 1995, 2000, 2003, and 2004

SCV 1987

Phantom 2003 and 2006

• Like 1

Oh my, that's quite a bit, haha, thank you. I've seen a good number of those already, but they're certainly worth rewatching.

I must commend SCV ('99) on their take of Barber's Symphonies (he seems to be a composer utilized quite a bit in very different capacities, like '93 Star and '00 SCV), and of course, Blue Shades. Some neat drill work too.

Let's see...

Vanguard 75 - Bottle Dance (last 35 seconds or so)

Bridgemen 77 - disqualified, but awesome (I can't get this to work on the Fan Network. Bridgemen 76 is almost as good.)

Cadets 83 - The Z-Pull

Cadets 84 - West Side Story

Cadets 87 - Appalachian Spring, for the love of God!

Madison 88 - Malaguena, YEEEEAAAAHHHH

Vanguard 89 - Phantom of the Opera

Star 91 - Amazing sound, Cross-to-Cross ending drill

Cavies 92 - One of the first shows that really went all out with the dizzying geometric drill

Star 93 - Legendary, looks like an early 2000s show, honestly

Madison 95 - It really is a drum corps fan's dream

Phantom 96 - Shostakovich Symphony #5 is the closer, what more do you need to know?

Blue Devils and SCV 99 - tied for first with incredible, dramatic shows

Cadets 2000 - legendary closing sequence with show-offy features of each section, followed by some of the most amazing drill ever put on the field

Blue Devils 2003 - took the showoff trend to the max, in a good way

Cadets 05 - The Zone - I don't really care for it, but it's a very important show

Cavies 06 - Took the visual and musical trends of the Cavies for most of the 2000s to their ultimate peak with a great sense of humor

Edited by skywhopper

This reminds me, I was looking for the show that featured the corps in a company front stepping over the guard who are laying down. I thought it was SCV and the 1812 Overture, but corpsreps says SCV has never played 1812. Crown did this in 08, but I coulda sworn it was a reference to some late 70s/early 80s show. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

This reminds me, I was looking for the show that featured the corps in a company front stepping over the guard who are laying down. I thought it was SCV and the 1812 Overture, but corpsreps says SCV has never played 1812. Crown did this in 08, but I coulda sworn it was a reference to some late 70s/early 80s show. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

1980 Cavaliers playing Softly As I Leave You with Drum Major Jeff Fiedler presenting the corps.

Edited by InspaDave

Bridgemen 77 - disqualified, but awesome (I can't get this to work on the Fan Network.)

Hmm... me neither, so I just sent a note to FN support staff.

Phantom 96 - Shostakovich Symphony #5 is the closer, what more do you need to know?

It was the opener that blew me away. Best slow build ever.