Baritones vs. Euphoniums

Of the two, I like playing euphonium better. It feels more natural and some of the brands used in drum corps are more centered with their weight than their baritone counterparts.

That being said, I think a full drum corps should have both, with the euphoniums playing the third part. However, I'll go even further and say that the high brass should have a similar set-up, with flugelhorns playing the third trumpet part. Think it's crazy, watch Teal Sound.

• Like 1

Of the two, I like playing euphonium better. It feels more natural and some of the brands used in drum corps are more centered with their weight than their baritone counterparts.

That being said, I think a full drum corps should have both, with the euphoniums playing the third part. However, I'll go even further and say that the high brass should have a similar set-up, with flugelhorns playing the third trumpet part. Think it's crazy, watch Teal Sound.

I vote that some corps try adding flugels, frenchies, tromboniums, baritone, AND euphs to their hornlines at the same time one year. I'd like to hear how that would work.

I know I enjoyed the flugels in the Crossmen this past year for sure!

I vote that some corps try adding flugels, frenchies, tromboniums, baritone, AND euphs to their hornlines at the same time one year. I'd like to hear how that would work.

I know I enjoyed the flugels in the Crossmen this past year for sure!

Wait...you forgot piccolo sops (just kidding) but yeah, that would be an interesting blend.