2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

From the Bucs camp: They are ready to go back on the field NOW! This could be the closest finals in DCA history...and the most exciting!

I agree. Of course I am rooting that the Viking Flag is hoisted aboard the Pirate Ship! :tongue: But whatever the outcome, this will be the best finals night in several years! Congrats to both Minnesota and the Bucs!

• Like 2

All I am saying is that I did not see it. Bucs were solid top to bottom and had a great show tonight. MBI seemed kind of flat.

NOT AT ALL the way I saw it. I videoed much of the AUDIENCE and they did not see it that way either. They sat there almost stoic during much of the BUCS show. JUST entering the field they look like they had already received word that MBI had won.

I actually thought EMpire was going to catch Bucs tonight and put them down in Third. Too much of a gap for that to happen now but it looked close.

NOT AT ALL the way I saw it. I videoed much of the AUDIENCE and they did not see it that way either. They sat there almost stoic during much of the BUCS show. JUST entering the field they look like they had already received word that MBI had won.

The audience thing doesn't surprise me at all. It had nothing to do with Bucs show either. The DCA crowd wants to see a new winner. The same think happened in DCI this year despite the Blue Devils being amazing and wildly entertaining. The same thing happened to the Brigadiers at the end of their run as well.

Both Reading and MBI threw down amazing performances tonight, and I'm sure they will both be even better tomorrow.

I actually thought EMpire was going to catch Bucs tonight and put them down in Third. Too much of a gap for that to happen now but it looked close.

You're in a small group if you really believe that. If anything, Empire's spread to Bucs and MBI was way smaller than it should have been. They aren't close to the top two this year, though they were certainly better than Hurcs.

Edited by Kamarag

I think it's going to be a very close call between MBI and Bucs. A case could be made for either corps tonight.

Obviously, as an alumnus of Bucs, I'm rooting for them. However, the streak has to end sometime. If it ends tonight or tomorrow to this Minnesota corps, I'm fine with it. It means that they will have been at their best beating a corps that is also at their very best, and that is how it should be.

Both corps were amazing tonight.

...classy post, John! FWIW, I'm the guy down on the deck trying to take decent photos while my doors are being ripped off at the hinges...Bucs were great as usual, but after MBI went on I just had the feeling things were about to shift west... both corps were incredible, tho...this is great competition and I feel privileged to be a witness!

cg

All I am saying is that I did not see it. Bucs were solid top to bottom and had a great show tonight. MBI seemed kind of flat.

If you have been following my posts, I most certainly agree that based on what I have seen, which has been somewhat limited with regards to MBI, Reading does have more depth in design and effect especially in the visual, with horns and percussion being VERY close. But hey, they have had a fine run. However now is not the time for sour grapes. It is time to offer congratulations to MBI for their fine accomplishment and may the best corps win tomorrow evening.

• Like 2

If anyone thought Empire should have beat Reading tonight they must have bought their glasses at Pearle Vision!

• Like 3