2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

Gotta love anytime a corps comes off the front of the field. I liked the design and effect of this show a lot but felt that the first corps executed better. This pit did sound exceptionally loud but I'm not sure it is the setup or just that they're playing too loud in relation to the rest of the ensemble. I didn't notice the imbalance during the first performance.

Next on the field are the White Sabers from Dansville, New York. Their 2011 program is entitled "Rhapsody in Shades of Blue" and consists of:

Blue Morning, Blue Day

Blue

Devil with the Blue Dress On

Blue Rondo A La Turk

Rhapsody in Blue

Gotta love anytime a corps comes off the front of the field. I liked the design and effect of this show a lot but felt that the first corps executed better. This pit did sound exceptionally loud but I'm not sure it is the setup or just that they're playing too loud in relation to the rest of the ensemble. I didn't notice the imbalance during the first performance.

CT had a larger drum line than Excelsior while having the same sized horn line. As a result, CT's horn line was at a disadvantage, plus they did not project as well as Excelsior. That's where you're hearing the difference.

Yep, he said he is taking the chance to watch and take notes today.

His shirt wasn't loud enough, either.

Nine guard, four pit, twelve marching percussion, fourteen horns, one drum major.

That's three straight corps with fourteen horns. Weird.

At least they're not playing Blue Shades. Heard that enough at DCI this year.

Nice park and blow segment from the horns. So far, them and Excelsior have done the best job of maximizing sound from their horn lines. Drum line is the tightest of the first three corps so far.

Devil with the Blue Dress On. Never thought I'd hear that on a drum corps field.

Nice sustain, tubas. Only two tubas in the line, but they do a great job of keeping the sound going.

Blues In the Night, complete with serious plunger work by a trumpet soloist.