2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Nice baritone solo to open the middle song. Another baritone plays another solo after the opening brass intro, joined by a mello. Solo guard dancer is featured with them, wearing a green headress. Guard is using blue flags, very stunning color.

losing a little steam in this production. coming back with the push here and colorguard on blue flags.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the last time I get to do this for 2011, so WELCOME BACK to Sahlen's Stadium in Rochester, New York, and the 2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition! My name is Kevin Gamin and I, along with the rest of the Drum Corps Planet LIVE from the Press Box crew (John Donovan, Danielle Potts, Jeff DeMello, and various guests), will be giving you the play-by-play coverage you crave of every corps which performs tonight.

Speaking of which, here is the list of corps in performance:

5:18 Exh Bushwackers

5:35 Windsor Regiment (class A)

5:52 Carolina Gold (class A)

6:09 Fusion Core (class A)

6:26 Govenaires (class A)

begin open class

6:43 Tampa Bay Thunder

7:00 Kilties

7:17 CorpsVets

7:34 Alliance

7:51 SF Renegades

8:08 Caballeros

8:25 Hurricanes

8:42 Empire Statesmen

8:59 Buccaneers

9:16 Minnesota Brass

following MBI, exh by Star United

The weather has continued to cooperate and, according to Tom Peashey, will continue to do so as any rain has either gone north over Lake Ontario or south of the city. The temperature is just right and the breeze has died down since this morning. We're ready for an awesome night and the capper to an incredible 2011 North American drum corps season.

i thought this was starting at 6:00. ok i'll be watching.

Strong drum solo, but I heard fuzz in the snares during the intro to their part of the solo.

each of the corps in class A tonight have different strengths. it is going to be a difficult and close decision here. the quality throughout is good! the level of colorguard writing for fusion is only using 2 of the parts of the triad for most of the show and they are struggling with timing a little bit. the design is solid and I really like the corps. the drumline is a little overbalanced at times. I guess it is an African themed show!

Company front in the horns, now tempo picks up as they move into the final moments of the show.

Crowd liked the performance. It was good, but was it good enough to stay ahead of Gold?

Govies!

Next on the field is the Govenaires from St. Peter, Minnesota. Their 2011 program is entitled "What Happens in Vegas" and consists of:

Luck Be A Lady (from Guys and Dolls)

Money

Money, Money, Money

Big Spender (from Sweet Charity)

Can't Help Falling in Love

Wedding March

Viva Las Vegas