DCA is competitive again.

I just knew that if MBI won Lee would make a drive-by post about it.

• Like 4

And with C2 next year, we may add a third corps to the mix. Yes, its seems to be exciting again!!

I thought MBI stood around too much to win this year : )

( the devil made me post this)

• Like 1

It's been competitive among MBI and Bucs for a couple of years now. MBI was the only corps that raised their game and beat Bucs at theirs. I'm really happy they were the corps to do it, and that they did it with both corps at their very best.

MBI won with an outstanding administration, great design, superior quality instruction, and and amazingly committed and motivated membership. Hopefully the MBI-Reading duel will continue for some years to come.

And maybe, if we're lucky, some other corps will figure out the formula for competitive success and join them.

Congratulations to Minnesota Brass ... your title is the best thing to happen to DCA in several years. DCA is competitive again.

Bucs were and still are great. Had it not been for them, the quality of DCA would not be what it is today. They were motivation for every corps to be better.

Congrats Bucs on a great run and thank you!

• Like 3

I thought MBI stood around too much to win this year : )

( the devil made me post this)

Why, am I growing horns? Tell 'ya one thing...as of the end of the July their visual absolutely had a LOT of dead time. They must have made some MAD changes and worked them in over the month of August, but I will withhold opinion until I see the DVD. Anyway, let me get back to my crow dinner! Congrats to MBI!!!

Edited by VOReason

I agree!!! Congratulations, Minnesota Brass!!

In my opinion, however, it's been flagrantly obvious all season that the Ct. Hurricanes have the greatest Color Guard!!

• Like 2

Why, am I growing horns? Tell 'ya one thing...as of the end of the July their visual absolutely had a LOT of dead time. They must have made some MAD changes and worked them in over the month of August, but I will withhold opinion until I see the DVD. Anyway, let me get back to my crow dinner! Congrats to MBI!!!

I'm just having fun with ya. Minnesota is having a bad sports year so were a bit glib right now.

Jim

Lee, I think that just because Reading had that remarkable streak didn't make DCA "non-competitive." They rasied the bar; MBI grabbed it and raised it higher.

I have seen much movement over the years. Look at the Hurcs. Alliance. The Sevens made a strong showing this year, too. It may please some folks that we have a new champion, but, unlike most posters here, I do not care who wins.

I hope DCA Open Class gets more members. Cadets2 would stir the mix up nicely, methinks. Remember Yokohama Inspires? I surely remember the Rennies coming to Scranton the first time and kicking some serious tuchas.

• Like 1