DCA is competitive again.

I just knew that if MBI won Lee would make a drive-by post about it.

That's right. When the Buccaneers lost, DCA and the fans won, and I am cheering from afar very, very loudly.

There is "competition" in this competitive activity again.

• Like 2

I agree!!! Congratulations, Minnesota Brass!!

In my opinion, however, it's been flagrantly obvious all season that the Ct. Hurricanes have the greatest Color Guard!!

No, I wasn't there, but I'd love to talk to Antoine Blalark about his take on the guards. It is hard for me to fathom a better DCA guard than The Wind's.

• Like 1

I thought MBI stood around too much to win this year : )

( the devil made me post this)

Now that's funny

I agree!!! Congratulations, Minnesota Brass!!

In my opinion, however, it's been flagrantly obvious all season that the Ct. Hurricanes have the greatest Color Guard!!

Pete,

With all due respect, but you know more about double stroke rolls than you do about color guards, and according to Tony and Wilcox, double stroke rolls were never your forte.

Now Billy on the other hand... HE knows color guard... at least the guys around the American Flag...

Now I just have to hope you cool off before I see you again. You're too big to #### with too much!

Love,

Ray

No, I wasn't there, but I'd love to talk to Antoine Blalark about his take on the guards. It is hard for me to fathom a better DCA guard than The Wind's.

Looking at the recap, he went 96/96 for Hurcs and 98/95 for MBI. He thought MBI had the stronger composition, but thought Hurcs executed better. The difference was the design, and based on what I saw in Lewisburg and last night, I'd agree wholeheartedly. If anything, last night's judge missed the call.

Pete,

With all due respect, but you know more about double stroke rolls than you do about color guards, and according to Tony and Wilcox, double stroke rolls were never your forte.

Now Billy on the other hand... HE knows color guard... at least the guys around the American Flag...

Now I just have to hope you cool off before I see you again. You're too big to #### with too much!

Love,

Ray

[/quote

That's right. When the Buccaneers lost, DCA and the fans won, and I am cheering from afar very, very loudly.

There is "competition" in this competitive activity again.

I've known you for a while, and truly respect your talents (in corps and without), but I think yours is a very negative, almost harmful, worldview.

I've never seen a DCA corps better than Bucs over the last six years. Period. In every aspect, including that nebulous area of "entertainment." It seems as if you are inferring otherwise. If so, I strongly disagree.

Tonight, that changed. Yes, it is good to see a new champ, but I don't see how this "validates" the circuit. I don't get "the fans win" mindset. If this were so, Notre Dame would have a great football team every year.

I haven't cheered "against" a corps since I was a kid, hating our cross-town rivals. It seems as though you are experiencing schadenfreude over the Bucs' second-place finish.

Just a friendly counterpoint.

• Like 3

I'm just having fun with ya. Minnesota is having a bad sports year so were a bit glib right now.

Jim

Absolutely no problem! Fortunately, I can take it as well as I give it out. But again, I will reserve my opinion until I see the championship DVD's. And hell, I'm so gun shy that I may not give my opinion even then. NOT!! I agree with one of the previous posters however that MBI's win in the guard caption was a bit suspect 'cause again, as of what I saw at the end of July, Hurcs guard was head and shoulders above EVERYONE...including MBI. Hell, they must have added and cleaned a LOT of guard work in a month too! But at any rate, they ARE our champs, it is a GOOD thing for the circuit and they have my sincere congrats!!

Tonight, that changed. Yes, it is good to see a new champ, but I don't see how this "validates" the circuit. I don't get "the fans win" mindset. If this were so, Notre Dame would have a great football team every year.

Just a friendly counterpoint.

Ace,

Clearly you didn't see the first half of the Notre Dame South Florida game yesterday... even Touchdown Jesus was holding his nose!!!

As to the Bucs vs. MBI dialogue - sounds a lot like the old days between Cabs and Sky. It's actually good for the activity.