Boston Crusaders 65-70's

Does anyone remember the Boston Crusaders Sop.Soloist with the triple tongue solo. I'm pretty sure it was in the opener. Trying to find out his name and the song the Solo was in.Thanks

Edited by Mellomad

Does anyone remember the Boston Crusaders Sop.Soloist with the triple tongue solo. I'm pretty sure it was in the opener. Trying to find out his name and the song the Solo was in.Thanks

Jim Centerino ... Conquest ... OTL 1969 & 1970 ...

:-)

• Like 1

jimc.jpg
  • Like 2

Jim Centorino. He was a great one at BAC. Jim played solo and taught later with the DCA competing Rhode Island Matadors when that Corps was really good in the 70's. Jimmy taught with the Boston College Eagles Band for several years. Jim's a smart guy. He's got a double Masters Degree in different disciplines. One Masters is in Geology and Geophysics and another Masters in Music Composition and Trumpet from the Boston Conservatory of Music. Coincidentally, I had his Dad, a PHd Professor in Earth Science and Political Geograhy in my own Masters Degree pursuit Program. Jim lives and works on the West Coast in California now, and plays trumpet still as his hobby and produces his own music CD's that he writes and plays and markets with a band he has. He still has the chops as evidenced by his fine trumpet playing on his CD's he's produced over the last decade. Jimmy Centorino was inducted into the national Drum Corps Hall of Fame in 1999. Recently, the Boston Crusaders invited Jim to Boston's home show in Quincy, Ma. this summer. He obliged and flew to Boston. Jim was introduced to the crowd, got a fine ovation, and played the National Anthem on his trumpet to open the show. ( incidentally, this pic was from the late 60's. BAC was outstanding ( 1,2,3 ) in certain portions of this time frame including winning national titles, over GREAT Corps then like Cavaliers, Cadets, Blessed Sacrament, Anaheim Kingsmen, Troopers, Blue Rock, Madison, Chicago Royal Airs, 27th Lancers, etc at a few national VFW and AL, World Open, and CYO National Championships back then.)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, Great picture,great player,great corps,and great memories. Thanks again.

Jim Centorino. He was a great one at BAC. Jim played solo and taught later with the DCA competing Rhode Island Matadors when that Corps was really good in the 70's. Jimmy taught with the Boston College Eagles Band for several years. Jim's a smart guy. He's got a double Masters Degree in different disciplines. One Masters is in Geology and Geophysics and another Masters in Music Composition and Trumpet from the Boston Conservatory of Music. Coincidentally, I had his Dad, a PHd Professor in Earth Science and Political Geograhy in my own Masters Degree pursuit Program. Jim lives and works on the West Coast in California now, and plays trumpet still as his hobby and produces his own music CD's that he writes and plays and markets with a band he has. He still has the chops as evidenced by his fine trumpet playing on his CD's he's produced over the last decade. Jimmy Centorino was inducted into the national Drum Corps Hall of Fame in 1999. Recently, the Boston Crusaders invited Jim to Boston's home show in Quincy, Ma. this summer. He obliged and flew to Boston. Jim was introduced to the crowd, got a fine ovation, and played the National Anthem on his trumpet to open the show. ( incidentally, this pic was from the late 60's. BAC was outstanding ( 1,2,3 ) in certain portions of this time frame including winning national titles, over GREAT Corps then like Cavaliers, Cadets, Blessed Sacrament, Anaheim Kingsmen, Troopers, Blue Rock, Madison, Chicago Royal Airs, 27th Lancers, etc at a few national VFW and AL, World Open, and CYO National Championships back then.)

And the best part is the thread didn't get moved to the Historical section. 'Cause you know - it's usually sacrilege to bring up this sort of thing in the current World Class forum. :tongue:

• Like 1

Believe Jim and the corps used to play hide and seek from George B. of 27th in 71 do to Jims's age.

George didn't look too hard though. He probably had birth certificates in his own draw back then that'd impress even David Ortiz.

Edited by BRASSO