This Just In...

Stu

Only speculation can occur until either Hopkins or the Singing Parrot make an official announcement. Until then, I personally am no longer interested in this thread.

Well, if it is the parrot will it be screaming in the middle of the announcement?

This just in.... George Hopkins has announced that he is expanding the horizons on both the electric keyboard and vocals for the TOC shows. He has just secured two TV stars for next years performances!!!! Mr. Butters the Dog and the Parrot singing "Take on Me" in the new Geico Insurance TV commercial.

That's not a parrot! She clearly states it a cockatoo, and cockatoos are bad, bad singers! (as demonstrated in the video, obviously) Mr. Butters has much more talent, but will he be able to handle all of the negativity thrown at him for being in a drum corps using so much synth? He looks like he might cower at the prospect.

I miss out on so much current event/cultural humor because we don't have dish or cable and watch very little of anything at all, even on netflix/hulu. Now I'm forced to go to that video website not to be named! :tongue:

I hear ya. We have basic cable, but only watch a few shows regularly, and then hubby has his brain pudding that he channel-surfs through. So I find I'm getting fewer and fewer of the current cultural references. I feel so old!

The question is how long will it take Mr. Butters to learn to fly a Sopwith Camel and for the cockatoo to learn to fly upside down.

That's some serious GE right there.

... Mr. Butters has much more talent, but will he be able to handle all of the negativity thrown at him for being in a drum corps using so much synth? He looks like he might cower at the prospect.

Mr. Butters does have a sensitive side, but unlike his name, he will not melt when faced with criticism. (however, he does melt the hearts of his groupies like butter, ergo his stage name).

Edited by Stu

The question is how long will it take Mr. Butters to learn to fly a Sopwith Camel and for the cockatoo to learn to fly upside down.

That's some serious GE right there.

Make that a P51 Mustang instead of a Sopwith Camel and there is the incorporation into the Pearl Harbor show Boo was asking about!!!

• Like 1

Make that a P51 Mustang instead of a Sopwith Camel and there is the incorporation into the Pearl Harbor show Boo was asking about!!!

I can't believe we pay you so little!

There were no P-51's, nor were there any Sopwith Camels at Pearl. There were, however, some P-40 Warhawks. Didn't you see the movie? Sheesh!

Garry in Vegas

Did I somehow miss the role of parrots in the attack on Pearl Harbor? :blink:

Whatever you do don't mention waffles or this thread is doomed. :tongue:

• Like 1