Crown Announces 2012 Percussion Team

Phan89

Hannum's percussion writing was great, but George Zingali's drill just might have had something to do with the fabulousness of that show. Oh, and who was it that wrote for the brass? Yes, that's right, it was Michael Klesch.

• Like 1

top 3 next year:

Crown

SCV

Cadets.

(not in any particular order.)

quote me.

So we can come back and remember how wrong you were?

• Like 3

top 3 next year:

Crown

SCV

Cadets.

quote me.

I'm going to be realistic and say that I think there is a possibility of this happening. Those already saying there's no way this will happen ... please realize that it's just September! We cannot say whether it can or cannot happen until probably early to mid-July 2012. Certain things can be said with some certainty, but not this. In my opinion, ANY corps who placed in the Top 6 or 7 in 2011 have the chance to place in the Top 3 in 2012. Out of those three, you have:

1) The reigning DCI World Champions who won nine times before that.

2) A younger corps who has been making huge strides since 2004 with some new staff that, I think, will only help make the corps even better

3) A six time DCI Champions who have also made some great changes in the off-season that, I think, will only help make the corps even better.

I say that, at this point in the off-season, those three, along with Bluecoats, Phantom Regiment, Cavaliers and Blue Devils have a chance.

I personally would LOVE that Top 3 for 2012. I think it's the best possible outcome at this point in the off-season.

top 3 next year:

Crown

SCV

Cadets.

quote me.

Not going to happen with Crown going backwards rather than forwards with their new visual design team. Crown will only advance to a championship when Leon May and the whole visual design team are replaced. Unpopular, but true.

• Like 3

Not going to happen with Crown going backwards rather than forwards with their new visual design team. Crown will only advance to a championship when Leon May and the whole visual design team are replaced. Unpopular, but true.

QFT.

I don't get it. Was Madison's biggest drumline problem last year purely talent? I think not. Here's hoping Crown's drumline makes top 12 this year.

I had heard that there was some talent leakage before the line had fully been set. But as awesome as ESOM was at the end of the show you have to admit it's hard to write tough music to that. They'll do very well.

But selfishly I'm hoping that no Crown guys go to scouts :P

• Like 2

Also keep in mind that Hannum and Klesch are long time collaborators. They have worked together for years at UMass, which has a pretty kick-### Marching Band. There should be a great deal of synergy coming from these two.

I concur with this statement....Michael has a lot of pull as far as staff changes at Crown. I'm sure that Thom was handpicked by Klesch and that they will be excellent together. Their writing compliments each other so well, case and point UMASS.