Drum corps stadium profiles

Back again, with a couple of posts about southern Minnesota that every Govies fan will appreciate. :smile:

Waller, TX. Our Area E Marching Contest was held here last weekend. It's two years old and out in the middle of nowhere but a beautiful stadium and great field!

389708_10150435476840844_620460843_10415109_395816164_n.jpg

07160-000-wisd_athletic.jpg

I have a friend that went to school there... also had a director that taught me in high school who taught there. I had the pleasure of watching a game in there it really is nice!

First of all I want to say the pic of Waller stadium in Texas is awsome I would love to attended a show there !

and second of all I was wondering if anyone knows if Harding Stadium in Marion , Ohio is still there if my memory

serves me correctly I believe that I heard that it was torn down ? I have a lot of great memorys from the good

U.S.Open days it was a three day event and was packed full of different thing's to do . the kids of the present

time are missing out on alot of fun and memorible times how sad ! :sad:

As far as I know, Harding HS's stadium is still standing.

After a few days' delay, I have my latest posts up, detailing one of the longer-running Midwest shows (Stillwater MN) and its recent successor (Woodbury MN):

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/2012/02/woodbury-mn.html

• 4 weeks later...

Back with an oldie but a goodie- Ames Field in Michigan City IN.

Possibly the least-visited stadium in DCI performance history. Well, probably not, but I think there were maybe a hundred people at the 2011 show...

Joe Albi Stadium, Spokane, WA:

srx_Joe_Albi_Stadium_r910x513.jpg?951eeb10489c4bb1621ca14ebc30e7f85e355da7

AlbiAerial2006_thumb.jpg

Nothing quite like trekking through the dirt and sagebrush of eastern Washington in uniform and struggling to find a few square feet of space clear of rocks to set down your instruments... Definitely my favorite performance location. Ever. :thumbdown:

I've only watched DCI live in two stadiums (I'll be marching Blue Stars this summer), but I've enjoyed it in both of them.

Howard Wood Field, Sioux Falls, SD. Its a pretty basic high school stadium, good size. The turf nice (marched on it), the box is decently high up and it has plenty of seating.

f245670eba488f65fbe5ad205d8e58e55626c82b.jpg-590x1000.png

howardwood.jpg

TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN. I had really good seats this last summer for the show and it was great. Glad we get such a big regional up here, and if finals ever moves out of Indy, I think TCF could make a good bid for it.

TCF%20Bank%20Stadium%201.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

A couple more from northwest Indiana before I start heading eastwards- Merrillville IN and Crown Point IN

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/2012/03/merrillville-in.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Cleveland! Updated with a post from Parma OH.

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/2012/03/parma-oh.html

Also, look for some more pictures from the Milwaukee WI area in the next week as I'll be up that way to catch the Kilties' spring concert tomorrow.

A couple more from northwest Indiana before I start heading eastwards- Merrillville IN and Crown Point IN

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/2012/03/merrillville-in.html

Matt: You should check out the stadium at Chesterton High School in my hometown of Chesterton, Indiana, just ten miles west of Michigan City.

3402453-Friday_Night_Football_Chesterton.jpgches-fld.jpg