Did you march your age out?

If you didn't - why not and do you regret it?

No I didn't.

Reason: My corps folded after the 86 season and I just didn't want to age out somewhere as a rookie.

Regret: Yes and no. No for the reason stated above. Yes because I could have marched 87 Garfield.

Huge regret for me, my age out would have been 92 and it would have been with Crossmen............. I don't have many regrets in life but that's a biggie.

Answer: No.

Why?: I got drafted into the Army (draft was still on in 1972)

Regret: Definately - Had I marched my age out year I would completed the loop of having won a DCI Championship (SCV 1973), VFW Championship (1971), and an American Legion Championship (1970). Two out of three is still not too shabby.

• Like 3

A: No

W: Ran out of money.

R: Its more complicated than that. I guess the first thing I should mention is that when I was marching, while I loved it, I knew that the reason I was doing it was so that I could teach it. Do I wish I had gotten to march? Sure. I was hoping to march a group that eventually won drums that year (the corps I started with was hitting some hard times, and it wasn't exactly a safe bet to go back). It was a killer show with killer notes, and I felt like, had I not run out of money, I might have made the line. On the other hand, I did get to march under some great teachers, and I've since been able to be really successful in my own teaching. Maybe I didn't gain the contacts I would have in that group, but I've built contacts of my own, and there's something to be said for the satisfaction that comes from building your own success. So, do I regret it? Not exactly. Sometimes I wish circumstances had been different, but I did the best I could with the cards I was dealt. Now I have a good life, doing exactly what I planned to do anyway.

Regret: Yes and no. No for the reason stated above. Yes because I could have marched 87 Garfield.

ouch...

No, my corps ceased to be when I was 19. Although a few member did go on to march elsewhere I decided not to and got a job.

I did get 10 amazing years out of it so I can't say I regret it.

Did I march my age-out year? No. I didn't march my final 3 years.

Why not? I had marched 5 years with the same corps (Northern Aurora) and was burned out. I thought I was happily done with the activity.

Regret? Absolutely. Even though I can smile and say that every decision I've made has lead me to where I am today, that is one decision I'll always regret.