Regiment and Crusaders are going to California in 2012

Interesting choices for both corps. Interesting in particular that Boston will start spring training out West. Interesting that Phantom thinks it can siphon off some talent from the region.

Also makes you wonder who didn't go. Phantom and Cadets did the West Coast tour last year. If DCI is encouraging top 10 corps to make the trip, were Cavies asked? Crown? Coats? Why not go?

Not accusing. Just asking.

HH

Interesting choices for both corps. Interesting in particular that Boston will start spring training out West. Interesting that Phantom thinks it can siphon off some talent from the region.

Also makes you wonder who didn't go. Phantom and Cadets did the West Coast tour last year. If DCI is encouraging top 10 corps to make the trip, were Cavies asked? Crown? Coats? Why not go?

Not accusing. Just asking.

HH

I don't know that DCI "asked" anyone in particular...I DO know that both SCV and BD were at Boston's home show in Lawrence, MA last August, so it seems fair to reciprocate.

Also, my understanding is that BAC crunched the numbers, and as long as they began their season in CA, the mileage worked out to be very similar to 2011. What makes this work is the western move-in. If they still had "Spring training" in New Hampshire, THAT would have added 3000 miles to tour.

California, here we come!!! WOO HOO! Go Boston! :thumbup:

I am very excited that BAC & Phantom will be coming out west.

However, with all due respect to Phantom, I would have loved to see another corps make the trip to the left coast (Carolina Crown, I am looking at you!). It was great seeing them last year, but if only 2 non-West corps make the trip, it would have been great to see a new face.

I think that California kinda gets the shaft when it comes to drum corps shows. Given the population power of California (see below) I wish that more groups traveled out west.

Fun facts about California

-If it were an independent country, California would rank 34th in population in the world

-One in Eight Americans lives in California

-Three of the top 10 most populous cities are in California (LA, San Diego, San Jose)

-There are more youth in California high schools than the total population of 17 states

-If California was it's own country, it would have the 7th largest Gross Domestic Product in the world

• Like 3

It's always great for those on the West coast to get to see the East coast corps live.

Good call by both groups!

• Like 3

Dang!

I wanted to see Phantom in more Midwest shows this year!

I, too, thought the 'deal' was to have different corps do that tour each year.

But, I also believe that spending a huge chunk of the early season competing with BD and SCV made Phantom a much stronger contender at the end of the season.

Anyway, enjoy California!

Why not go?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Common misconception going around that West Coast tours are not worth the money. However, they do receive more money from souvies, etc, etc and also reaching more fans.

To say Regiment has plenty of money to spare so they can go out West for the heck of it is hilarious.