The Rebels Are BACK

YR-Rudi

Yankee Rebels,

The response I received to my e-mail asking if you would like to perform with the Yankee Rebels Drum and Bugle Corps at the 2012 DCA Championship Weekend to be held in Annapolis, Maryland, was overwhelming! "The Corps from the Chesapeake Bay" will appear in concert at this great drum corps weekend's individual, ensemble and mini-corps competition on Friday evening, August 31st. Our goal is to represent the State of Maryland with the showmanship and execution for which the Yankee Rebels have been known for many, many years. Most importantly, this one-time event will allow us to see our fellow 'Rebels and welcome our drum corps friends to "our backyard."

Like so many other DCA championship weekends this will be a lot of fun, but this time we won't have to travel so far to enjoy the event.

To get ready for this show, a planning session and rehearsal will be held SATURDAY, November 12th at the YMCA, 10 Dunmanway Dundalk, MD 21222 (go to the side of buillding on Trading Place) beginning at 12:00 noon. I look forward to seeing everyone again and putting on a drum corps show at DCA that we all can remember!

Thanks,

Phil Gentile

• Like 1

Yankee Rebels,

The response I received to my e-mail asking if you would like to perform with the Yankee Rebels Drum and Bugle Corps at the 2012 DCA Championship Weekend to be held in Annapolis, Maryland, was overwhelming! "The Corps from the Chesapeake Bay" will appear in concert at this great drum corps weekend's individual, ensemble and mini-corps competition on Friday evening, August 31st. Our goal is to represent the State of Maryland with the showmanship and execution for which the Yankee Rebels have been known for many, many years. Most importantly, this one-time event will allow us to see our fellow 'Rebels and welcome our drum corps friends to "our backyard."

Like so many other DCA championship weekends this will be a lot of fun, but this time we won't have to travel so far to enjoy the event.

To get ready for this show, a planning session and rehearsal will be held SATURDAY, November 12th at the YMCA, 10 Dunmanway Dundalk, MD 21222 (go to the side of buillding on Trading Place) beginning at 12:00 noon. I look forward to seeing everyone again and putting on a drum corps show at DCA that we all can remember!

Thanks,

Phil Gentile

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is great news, Bea and Phil. I'm pretty sure the Rebs will let it all hang out for this one-time performance.

Oh wait, didn't you folks do another one-time only event for a Legion National convention parade some years back too? I would love to see the same results of that one-timer again. You folks are missed very much at many alumni shows. I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing "The Corps From The Chesapeake Bay" for at least one more show. Best of luck to you. See you in Annapolis!

Ray

• Like 1

This is great news, Bea and Phil. I'm pretty sure the Rebs will let it all hang out for this one-time performance.

Oh wait, didn't you folks do another one-time only event for a Legion National convention parade some years back too? I would love to see the same results of that one-timer again. You folks are missed very much at many alumni shows. I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing "The Corps From The Chesapeake Bay" for at least one more show. Best of luck to you. See you in Annapolis!

Ray

One performanceat a time Ray, one performance at a time... :worthy:

• Like 1

One of my BEST memories in 50 years of Drum and Bugle Corps is the 1969 Yankee Rebel's show.

I was siting on the 50 Yard line near the Top of "Roosevelt Stadium", in "Jersey City, NJ". Seeing what would be now called a "Theme" type show. (Yes, WAY before it became the big thing do do now.) The Crowd of of about 20,000 all going Crazy, both duing and after they were done. I was wondering. Yea, but how is that Civil War show, going to go over in "ATLANTA, GA" at the "American Legion Nationals", I also had Great seats near fifty yard line. Front row upper section. (Remember the NORTH wins.) Well it got the SAME reaction in Atlanta that it got in Jersey City from the FANS.

God I still get goose bumps thinking of that Powerfull Ending. Battle Hyme of the Republic, The Confederate like Flags(No Stars) being carried by people (Rebels) with Gray Civil War uniforms, coming down to the gound. Then the Union part of the guard dressed in the Blue (Yankee) uniforms bring down their Blue (Navy Jacks, all blue with 50 stars) over the top. That all going on as the Union Rifle and the Confederate Rifle come to each other and shake hands. While the USA Flag Honor Guard stands front and Center.

I can only HOPE that they will redo THAT show. Even if they have to allow non past members to do it.

GO " YANKEE REBELS ". Do it if you can, for History to come ALIVE.

this is certainly good news.......best wishes on the endeavor Rebs.....Yaaaaaaaahoooooo

Great News Phil ! All the best from everbody at St. Kevins .

Mike D.

4 words:

Requiem For An Era.

signed,

kid of a YR alum

Thank You for the title of the show Jeff. I added it to my post. (Hope that is OK).

You know when you can remember Where you were sitting, In what Stadium you were at, etc, etc, for Over more than " 42 " in such detail. Something must have been Pretty Darn Good.

(and I have been too some of the Biggest and Best shows 3 VFW Nats, 2 AL Nats, 4 CYO Nats, 3 World Open's, 2 U.S. Open's, 2 DCI Worlds, 7 DCA Worlds, and 8 National Dream's. Just to name some.)