The Rebels Are BACK

YR-Rudi

Thank You for the title of the show Jeff. I added it to my post. (Hope that is OK).

You know when you can remember Where you were sitting, In what Stadium you were at, etc, etc, for Over more than " 42 " in such detail. Something must have been Pretty Darn Good.

(and I have been too some of the Biggest and Best shows 3 VFW Nats, 2 AL Nats, 4 CYO Nats, 3 World Open's, 2 U.S. Open's, 2 DCI Worlds, 7 DCA Worlds, and 8 National Dream's. Just to name some.)

I saw the original live, but I was approximately 4 months, 1 year and 4 months and 2 years and 4 months when they performed it the first time.

I grew up on the album. tapes of the album, and now the cds remastered. I was there when the Alumni corps brought it back in Scranton.

I'm the kid of an alumni. He always regretted he didn't get to play it with them the first time. By the time the alumni brought it back, he didn't havethe time to haul off to Balmer to practice to do it.

But if they were playing it next year, it maybe the way to get him to finals for the first time in over 10 years.

And it would make his kid pretty #### happy too.

This is really great news! How could the Yankee Rebels pass up something like this in their own back yard of Annapolis! I am excited!

4 words:

Requiem For An Era.

The first time I ever saw the 'Requiem' production: Hamden, Connecticut, on the starting line of the 1969 'Fresh Air Fanfare,' the season's first DCA show. We stood on the line and watched the Rebels' performance from about the concert on-out. Suddenly, they're splitting the corps in two, playing two songs at once. My first reaction was that it was unintended, a mistake. Then they re-grouped and began "Battle Hymn." The crowd went absolutely wild, just as they did at the shows 2B witnessed, and repeated the standing ovation after the exit of "Johnny Comes Marching Home."

Now I'm thinking, "How in the world do you beat something like that?" Answer: We didn't. The Rebels announced that night they were a contender in DCA. By the Legion Nationals in Georgia, there was no way we or anyone else would beat them that night. My favorite Yankee Rebels years are 1969 and 1970. Wore out those records years ago.

Glad to read they will be back, even if for only one (?) performance. Perhaps DCA will see fit to invite them to be part of the Alumni Spectacular also, being right in their own backyard. Just saying . . .

:thumbup:

Yankee Rebels,

The response I received to my e-mail asking if you would like to perform with the Yankee Rebels Drum and Bugle Corps at the 2012 DCA Championship Weekend to be held in Annapolis, Maryland, was overwhelming! "The Corps from the Chesapeake Bay" will appear in concert at this great drum corps weekend's individual, ensemble and mini-corps competition on Friday evening, August 31st. Our goal is to represent the State of Maryland with the showmanship and execution for which the Yankee Rebels have been known for many, many years. Most importantly, this one-time event will allow us to see our fellow 'Rebels and welcome our drum corps friends to "our backyard."

Like so many other DCA championship weekends this will be a lot of fun, but this time we won't have to travel so far to enjoy the event.

To get ready for this show, a planning session and rehearsal will be held SATURDAY, November 12th at the YMCA, 10 Dunmanway Dundalk, MD 21222 (go to the side of buillding on Trading Place) beginning at 12:00 noon. I look forward to seeing everyone again and putting on a drum corps show at DCA that we all can remember!

Thanks,

Phil Gentile

You know The GAS is going to be down in your neck of the woods this year .I am sure you guys will be rehearsing anyway ,so why not swing by The GAS & play a tune or two ?

All the Best ,

Mike D.

4 words:

Requiem For An Era.

signed,

kid of a YR alum

thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

th_7-25-10YRFinalRehearsal029a.jpg

worthy.gifworthy.gif

• Like 1

thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

th_7-25-10YRFinalRehearsal029a.jpg

worthy.gifworthy.gif

The picture that says a thousand words! Great post Tony!