The 2011 "Phone Books" are coming

Heck, a QUARTER of the finalist recordings are represented as incomplete!

While your statement is true, I think it’s a little hyperbolic as well. If we each show counts as a 15 minute show (including pre-show), that means the finals is 180 minutes long. The cuts add up to about 6 minutes of broadcast (3 minutes for Carolina pre-show, 2 minutes for madison, 30 seconds for cavies) which is only 3% of the broadcast. Granted, 97% is a lot less than the 100% of we’ve normally been getting which is disappointing but I wouldn’t say it’s on the same scale as entire songs being excluded from each corp.

• Like 1

Not to go off topic here, and I guess it really isn't but...

It's a shame that the one thing that DCI has been saved by recently is now starting to hurt it: entertainment.

Back in the late 80's to late 90's, MANY corps were playing concert band, wind ensemble, etc. music that was basically MUCH easier to secure rights to perform, record, videotape, etc. (at least for the most part). However, except for the many band directors who loved it, many fans began to be turned off by the obscure choices made by the corps. Now, the corps are trying to bring fans back by performing music that fans know (i.e. Crown, Cavies, Scouts etc.) Yet, because of the difficulties in securing rights to record, DCI gets hurt in their pockets anyway because of fans NOT purchasing CD's and DVD's because their favorite corps is missing a small or large chunk of their show on the recordings. Am I right in this observation?

leed17

I don't think so. I'm certainly not going to be returning my blu-ray because it's missing 6 minutes out of 180 minutes of footage.

While your statement is true, I think it's a little hyperbolic as well. If we each show counts as a 15 minute show (including pre-show), that means the finals is 180 minutes long. The cuts add up to about 6 minutes of broadcast (3 minutes for Carolina pre-show, 2 minutes for madison, 30 seconds for cavies) which is only 3% of the broadcast. Granted, 97% is a lot less than the 100% of we've normally been getting which is disappointing but I wouldn't say it's on the same scale as entire songs being excluded from each corp.

True, but I think the problem most are having, myself as well, is that DCI did not alert the changes on the audio recordings to anyone. We only knew about it once the CD's started arriving at people homes. Also that DCI seems to think the changes make no effect on the show at all. That is just horrible business customer service.

• Like 7

True, but I think the problem most are having, myself as well, is that DCI did not alert the changes on the audio recordings to anyone. We only knew about it once the CD's started arriving at people homes. Also that DCI seems to think the changes make no effect on the show at all. That is just horrible business customer service.

Yep.

They improve . . .and then this kind of stuff happens.

Disappointing.

Bingo.

And the fact that they didn't change the fan network until yesterday could be perceived as intentional deception. :rock:

• Like 1

What's the 4th corps edited?

Crown pre-show

Cavies pre-show

Madison last 2 minutes..

who's #4..and are all of these on both the CD and DVD?