How to pack for spring training and tour?

I'm preparing in every aspect from conditioning, to playing two hours a day, to Eating right. I simply want to know how much to pack and what to pack I don't know how many bags to take etc. etc. And for all those who helped me this summer, I've lost almost thirty pounds and it's gonna keep melting off as the season nears!

Lots of underwear and socks!

Just socks ;)?

My son has found those all-in-one washer/dryer sheets to be a real space saver--so you can take more underwear and socks! ;-)

I know I have other priorities, I'm buying in bulk ahead of time. I can across some money, and being a teen, I dont want to spend it on video games, when there is something I might have overlooked.

My son has found those all-in-one washer/dryer sheets to be a real space saver--so you can take more underwear and socks! ;-)

Washer/Dryer sheets?

Washer/Dryer sheets?

Yep. Like these:

Puerx 3-in-1

Don't take nearly as much stuff as you think you'll need. You should be able to hit a Walmart every week or two, and if you can, ask you parents to mail you some socks halfway through tour. You throw away the old ones. Maybe do the same with underwear. ;) Avoid cotton shorts if you can since the others are easily washed in the shower, dry quicker, and tend to hold the stink less than cotton.

Get two pairs of great shoes - don't go cheap or you'll regret it. Go to a running store where they analyze your step pattern to find out the best kind. You can shop around after that for the specific brand/model, but go with their recommendations. Best thing you can do for yourself on tour is to have great shoes. My daughter had two different brands and said it helped to switch them every day to reduce blisters.

Edited by Shamu89
  • Like 1

Yep. Like these:

Puerx 3-in-1

Don't take nearly as much stuff as you think you'll need. You should be able to hit a Walmart every week or two, and if you can, ask you parents to mail you some socks halfway through tour. You throw away the old ones. Maybe do the same with underwear. ;) Avoid cotton shorts if you can since the others are easily washed in the shower, dry quicker, and tend to hold the stink less than cotton.

Get two pairs of great shoes - don't go cheap or you'll regret it. Go to a running store where they analyze your step pattern to find out the best kind. You can shop around after that for the specific brand/model, but go with their recommendations. Best thing you can do for yourself on tour is to have great shoes. My daughter had two different brands and said it helped to switch them every day to reduce blisters.

Ah, I didn't think you got time to shop. I didn't want to take too much, and have to wash it all. So that means I need spending money. Gah. And by non cotton, you mean like the standard basketball short? And I have custom orthotics molded to my feet. (I'm flat footed) they really helped for marching band, so I should i get a second pair of shoes your saying?

Ah, I didn't think you got time to shop. I didn't want to take too much, and have to wash it all. So that means I need spending money. Gah. And by non cotton, you mean like the standard basketball short? And I have custom orthotics molded to my feet. (I'm flat footed) they really helped for marching band, so I should i get a second pair of shoes your saying?

You probably won't need that much money. My daughter spent around $300 last year, and hers will be higher than you need since she had to keep stocked on hair products for her "show hair", she bought souvies for her brother in SF, and she wasn't that careful during free days and rest stops. And any nylon or synthetic athletic shorts should work. Get them lightweight and lighter in color. You don't want to be rehearsing in Texas with black clothing of any kind. I have no experience with orthotics, but you want 2 pairs of shoes since you will rehearse in wet conditions and you'll need another pair to wear while the wet ones are drying. No idea if that means another set of orthotics or not.