Chase Community Giving

BD9

I would generally agree, Sam, but there's a key thing to consider: very few of the orgs who appear in the leaderboard are involved in health, science or human services.Those organizations will always have a better shot of raising funds through the traditional methods (large corporate grants and deep-pockets funders for major gifts, wide based small donor support for everything else).

The majority of the orgs in the running now appear to be involved in animal rescue in one way or another. So if it makes anyone feel better, this challenge is really drum corps vs pet shelters. Given the much greater number of people who donate to pet shelters and rescue missions than to drum corps, it seems a harmless and simple way to help balance that real world equation.

Yeah, you are exactly right. I found some good health research related charities in the top 100 that I voted for. This whole situation is very strange. My Facebook feed is completely spammed by Chase Community Giving posts.

• Like 1

I agree that there are plenty of charities that do more good for the world than drum corps.

That said, they did not impact me. My life would be different without drum corps. My life is not really different if a few thousand people in some far away place that I have never met and will never meet don't die from lack of medical care this year.

I've argued this before regarding Chase and people took offense, but really, everyone that is voting for certain charities, is in fact saying that those charities are the most important charities to them. And that is fine. Everyone is entitled to put different values on different things.

• Like 1

FOLKS! It is time to put aside your assumptions of concerns about charities in this campaign.

WE ALL KNOW THAT A DRUM CORPS IS A WORTHY CAUSE and that is brings a lot of great things into the lives of A LOT OF PEOPLE!

Please take a moment and vote, there are two teams that are in the hunt for funds that will help the state of drum corps!

Thank you,

Travis Moddison

Brass Caption Supervisor

Oregon Crusaders

VOTE HERE! YOU CAN DO IT!

Academy in 4th - OC in 6th by about 450 votes......2 corps in the top 5 and $100,000...I THINK YES!!!

https://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/931285710-oregon-crusaders?src=twitter

We know that two corps are in the top 5 and in the hunt for $100,000. That is a big deal and will make a great impact for sure. Please also be aware that there are several other corps in the running, not just the current top five. Use all ten votes, and spread the love please!!!

I think there is six threads open on this subject BTW, some individuals need to chillax and focus their energy on other web forums, you are preaching to the choir people!

• Like 1

If I were a charity, I would gladly take Chase's money. And I did vote for YEA last year. But I don't think that Chase folks are "stand up guys." Case in point. http://www.chase-sucks.com/jpmorgan-chase-terrorism.pdf