The DCI Birthday party

You cads!

At least he didn't say "park and blow". :rolleyes:

it did cross my mind

Meh. Did they tour nationally with members from across the world? Or was it way nerdier than today's marching bands. I rest my case. :xmas:

no DCA tours nationally. maybe one trip across the country for finals. Either way your insuation trying to bash old time drum corps is inaccurate.

• Like 1

no DCA tours nationally. maybe one trip across the country for finals. Either way your insuation trying to bash old time drum corps is inaccurate.

If one doesn't tour...nationally, then one tours...regionally? One might say locally, even? :shutup:

• Like 1

If one doesn't tour...nationally, then one tours...regionally? One might say locally, even? :shutup:

regionally yes. but hardly a local marching ban. But hey it fits the shots you like to take at DCA corps

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

regionally yes. but hardly a local marching ban. But hey it fits the shots you like to take at DCA corps

I don't have to take the shots ; I marched DCI, not DCA. :tongue:

• Like 1

I don't have to take the shots ; I marched DCI, not DCA. :tongue:

:rolleyes:

My original intent in creating this Thread was to express my Personal opinion. Did I expect Flames? Of course. Did I expect Personal attacks? Sure, this is DCP, that PVC loving Forum that relishes in Hatred. But the level of responses here, on farcebook, emails, etc. has blown me away. Here's my basic premise - like the Frankenstein story, the creator(s) had no idea of the Monster they created. However well intentioned their actions, it's gone far beyond their wildest dreams. Did DCI save Drum Corps, as so many of you believe? Of course, IF you accept that this current "Activity" is really "Drum Corps". I'm reminded of a statement from Viet Nam - "We had to destroy that Village in order to save it."

This is, of course, only a Fossil's (long past Dinosaur) OPINION. I could be wrong, but...I don't believe I am.

Cheers to you all, keep up the Discussion.

• Like 2

My original intent in creating this Thread was to express my Personal opinion. Did I expect Flames? Of course. Did I expect Personal attacks? Sure, this is DCP, that PVC loving Forum that relishes in Hatred. But the level of responses here, on farcebook, emails, etc. has blown me away. Here's my basic premise - like the Frankenstein story, the creator(s) had no idea of the Monster they created. However well intentioned their actions, it's gone far beyond their wildest dreams. Did DCI save Drum Corps, as so many of you believe? Of course, IF you accept that this current "Activity" is really "Drum Corps". I'm reminded of a statement from Viet Nam - "We had to destroy that Village in order to save it."

This is, of course, only a Fossil's (long past Dinosaur) OPINION. I could be wrong, but...I don't believe I am.

Just go away. If this activity isn't drum corps, get off the World Class DCI board. Good riddance.

• Like 1

Or, "We have to pass the bill in order to find out what's in it."

And we now how well that turned out.

And if DCP relishes in hatred, what the heck are you doing here? Seems your OP was filled with just that.

Okay - I love the original concept of DCI, just hate the result. I could create a Thread "I love DCI, think it's the best thing since Buddha" and still get flamed. And btw this is a Corps Forum, not an exclusive DCI Forum. just so happens that Corps today are a part of DCI. And therein lies the problem; the Corps are NOT DCI as some like to claim. DCI has taken a life unto itself, IMO, the Corps are only a part of the Business scheme.

• Like 2