Cadets2 question...

Cadets 2 will also have the benefit of having The Cadets cut list to wade through.

I suspect they are looking for top notch peeps as opposed to run of the mill peeps.

I know this has been said before, but I would like to reiterate. We are assuming that many of the people the Cadets cut that are of so much higher talent will be living in the immediate area of the Cadets2 camps. Being weekend only, people that are traveling from several states away will not be able to afford coming to camps that often.

With that being said, I do think the Cadets are likely to field a full DCA corps their first year... I just do not think it is going to be as littered with talent as some do.

Edited by BOSMarcher

Wow! 3 reds for that?

it just takes a short look at some publicly available schedules to see that some OC corps are "weekend-only" and with some evenings well into July. Those schedules are more DCA-like than DCI-like. There's no spring training, weekend-only camps, local parades, etc... The big difference is the late-season tour where a corps is actually on the road for 2-3 weeks.

(In some cases at least) Open Class straddles the divide between a full touring corps and weekend-only tour. Sure there are all kinds of degrees along that spectrum but not all Open Class has a schedule like BD-B or SCV-B.

I totally get that. Thats why I showed BDB (A top level Open Corps) and Velvet Knights (A lower tier Open class corps) to illustrate that there are differences. But again, my point is simply that no matter which corps we are talking about, they all do more than any DCA corps in terms of time commitment and "touring". There may be some that I am unaware of, but its my understanding that at the least, each corps will "tour" its way out to indy over the last week-10 days. I am not aware of any DCA corps that do more than 1 full day per week. Most do a short friday night, a full day saturday (which is short if there is a show) and a half day on sundays. In the bucs we had an extra day before Rochester (in 06 anyway). But nobody doing anything like 5-10 days straight. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong about an isolated corps or two but again, my point is that MOST will fall into a certain model.