Cadets2 question...

I would imagine many kids are waiting to see if they make another corps before going to C2. That may bump up attendance in january

Cadets 2 will also have the benefit of having The Cadets cut list to wade through.

I suspect they are looking for top notch peeps as opposed to run of the mill peeps.

The second camp was actually my first camp (first camp with a Drum Corps PERIOD). I know Cadets2 won't go out and actual say this, but numbers are pretty low, and it's making the DCA circuit a much better idea. It's a great group, and I myself am wondering why people don't want to come. There were almost 700 people with interest requests, but the numbers are not showing. Cadets2 has a lot of potential, and I'm very excited to march my first drum corp season with them based on this past weekend's camp. Now, even though they are competing in DCA, Cadets2 will be...around. I'm guessing members aren't allowed to say much right now, but they have some awesome things planned for the season.

If there are any low brass and mellophone players still interested to march, head to the Cadets2 camp in January. It will be worth your while to see what Cadets2 has in store.

could be lots of reasons at this point..one also being that the people available arent interested in the DCA thing

Cadets 2 will also have the benefit of having The Cadets cut list to wade through.

I suspect they are looking for top notch peeps as opposed to run of the mill peeps.

It would most likely only apply to those that get cut that live in the general area. Cadets have people try out from all over the country, I doubt someone that tried out for Cadets that lives in Omaha is going to consider C2, logistically speaking.

So, while it is a benefit, it's not a slam dunk either.

The second camp was actually my first camp (first camp with a Drum Corps PERIOD). I know Cadets2 won't go out and actual say this, but numbers are pretty low, and it's making the DCA circuit a much better idea. It's a great group, and I myself am wondering why people don't want to come. There were almost 700 people with interest requests, but the numbers are not showing. Cadets2 has a lot of potential, and I'm very excited to march my first drum corp season with them based on this past weekend's camp. Now, even though they are competing in DCA, Cadets2 will be...around. I'm guessing members aren't allowed to say much right now, but they have some awesome things planned for the season.

If there are any low brass and mellophone players still interested to march, head to the Cadets2 camp in January. It will be worth your while to see what Cadets2 has in store.

I'm curious, why you choose Cadets2 over another DCA corps that might be close by? (This assumes that you are approximately the same travel distance to another DCA corps as to the Cadets2.)

And why are the low numbers "making the DCA circuit a much better idea"? Is there another idea?

I'm curious, why you choose Cadets2 over another DCA corps that might be close by? (This assumes that you are approximately the same travel distance to another DCA corps as to the Cadets2.)

And why are the low numbers "making the DCA circuit a much better idea"? Is there another idea?

I think they mean that without a big corps, DCI may not have been a good fit

I think they mean that without a big corps, DCI may not have been a good fit

That would be my guess, but I was interested in the concept that C2 might have morphed into a DCI corps if the numbers were larger. As far as I've read, C2 was to be DCA from the start and there were no suggestions that it would be anything else.

That would be my guess, but I was interested in the concept that C2 might have morphed into a DCI corps if the numbers were larger. As far as I've read, C2 was to be DCA from the start and there were no suggestions that it would be anything else.

they wouldn't have. Hop has already pretty much said the DCA model fits what he wanted, and it's not exactly a secret after the G7 what he thinks of Open Class.

all pretty much beat to death in this thread

Cadets2 will see success not with size but with talent and a world class design team.

Bank on that.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, how much are dues in Cadets2?