Restructuring Classes

What actual logistical and financial limits are placed on the OC corps *by DCI*?

* I think that OC corps are not able to perform in DCI-sponsored Regionals (for example, they couldn't perform in every single Regional if they want to: perhaps a local one, but not all of them).

* I'm pretty sure they are not paid as much as WC member corps are for show appearances.

* I think that OC corps are not able to perform in DCI-sponsored Regionals (for example, they couldn't perform in every single Regional if they want to: perhaps a local one, but not all of them).

And there are more and more WC only local shows. This idea was put into place to benefit the ticket sales by making sure the shows were mainly WC corps; it was not an idea to help the OC corps.

* I'm pretty sure they are not paid as much as WC member corps are for show appearances.

And that officially caps the actual amount of capital OC corps are allowed to raise how?

Edited by Stu

And there are more and more WC only local shows. This idea was put into place to benefit the ticket sales by making sure the shows were mainly WC corps; it was not an idea to help the OC corps.

You don't know what you're talking about here. A lot of these shows have WC only on the ticket because of geography and timing.

You don't know what you're talking about here. A lot of these shows have WC only on the ticket because of geography and timing.

Yes I do know what I am talking about; the sponsor of the show certainly does have the ability to designate it as a WC only show (and only allow in an OC corps which is considered local to that region).

Edited by Stu

What? Crown beat BD in the first contest of 2011.

The comment you replied to was Mike's list of placements at finals. To expand that to the rest of the season, as you did, and the comparison over the past ten years is still valid. The one early season 2011 show you noted, plus one more later on in 2011, over the entire ten year period, hardly rebut the general point he was making. How may times have they gone head-to-head? 13 in 2011. 11 in 2006, 13 in 2001, to pick three years spread out over the 10 total. Let's assume that an average of 12 times, unless you want to count the rest...of 120 shows, Crown outscored BD 2 times. 118-2 is a pretty convincing record, IMO.

Wait... aren't you the "free-market" guy?

Yep! And if the G7 portion of DCI were in the free-market, where I think it belongs, I would absolutely 100% agree with the G7 locking the contests to just certain corps; but in the true vain of what DCI is supposed to be, an outlet for all youth to perform if they so desire, then I disagree with the lock-out.

Edited by Stu

Um, how exactly is DCI not currently in the free market?

An entity within the free-market is privately owned by a single person or publicly owned through stock, and it succeeds or fails on supply of the product/service combined with the demand of the clientele to purchase said product or service.

An entity within the free-market is privately owned by a single person or publicly owned through stock, and it succeeds or fails on supply of the product/service combined with the demand of the clientele to purchase said product or service.

Ah, so.... if I incorporate a partnership... then I must be a communist.

It's like you use words... and assign your own meaning to them... so, need to try to sort of decode to try to understand exactly what you mean. Guess I need to drink more Ovaltine (I guess you're about the age to get that reference, eh?).

The term free-market describes only with lack of intervention by the state in terms of controlling supply or regulation of price.

What exactly are you trying to say? There is no government involvement in limiting the number of corps or events... or setting the price for participation or tickets or... well anything.