DCA DVDs NOW SHIPPING!

It would have been beneficial for all of us who ordered if DCA had put an "official" announcement on its website stating that the DVD's would NOT be including the high camera angle this season due to: (fill in reason here). Tim Snyder posted earlier that it was DCA's decision to nix the high cam angle. I don't blame Box 5 if thats the case, although I think Box 5 could have put something on their website stating the fact as well.

Man, between DCI not informing anyone about cuts to certain corps performances on their products, and now the DCA high camera angle issue, this has been one tough year for ordering DVD's from the corps circuits. With all of the issues, the companies involved really need to keep us informed better so we know what we are paying for, when we are getting it, etc.

It will make for a much happier customer long-term!

On a good note, after receiving my DCA vids and CD's last week finally, kudos to Tim and Box 5, they are done very well.

leed17

The phone number (502) 614-5826) has been changed and the new number is unknown.

That is the message I get when trying to call Box 5.

My CD's came and the Open Class Prelims had the Bucs TWICE.

CD1 listed Bush as track 1 but was Bucs.

CD2 listed Bucs and it was Bucs.

That means NO Bush.

What is the story with their phone and does anyone else have the same defective CD?

12:40 pm - Just got off the phone (502) 409-5595 with Box 5.

They said they were RE-ISSUEING the Open Class Prelims and everyone who ordered them will get a new copy.

Hope this is accurate.

Edited by Sunrisers_Newsfeed

Sounds like there's quite a few issues with Box 5, good thing I held off on ordering. I'll stay tuned to see if this clears up.

OK ... So everyone knows the deal. We have moved into a new facility and our phone provider AT&T could not move our old number. Something about ports, etc. I don't pretend to understand what is going on with them. At any rate we have a new phone number that is printed on our website (502) 409-5595, we have had this number since October 1st.

We also have been looking into the issues presented on some of these posts. We have found the issues and will reissue everyone a disc.

We apologize for the issues in the discs and as you all know we will work hard to make it right and always have.

When you receive your new disc just replace your current disc with your new disc and you will be ready to go.

Thanks again.

tim

OK ... So everyone knows the deal. We have moved into a new facility and our phone provider AT&T could not move our old number. Something about ports, etc. I don't pretend to understand what is going on with them. At any rate we have a new phone number that is printed on our website (502) 409-5595, we have had this number since October 1st.

We also have been looking into the issues presented on some of these posts. We have found the issues and will reissue everyone a disc.

We apologize for the issues in the discs and as you all know we will work hard to make it right and always have.

When you receive your new disc just replace your current disc with your new disc and you will be ready to go.

Thanks again.

tim

I'll not comment on any difficulties with the discs, but I can certainly relate to the problems with A.T.& T. When I recently moved my office from one room to another, it took them five days just to move three phone lines across the hall. And this is with people working on it every day for the five days. So Tim, you certainly get a pass from me on the telelphone problem.

I hope all of these issues with the DVD's are relateed to Box5 moving or something or other and nothing else.

I have dealt with these folks over the phone and etc. and they are very profesionnal and easy to wotk with and also very friendly.

Nonetheless i received the alumni DVD with nwo disc 1's ( one lacked audio for Reilly ) and Box5 sent out a replacement immediately.

The regular DVD is really sharp , I bought a Blu-Ray individual performance and the difference is miniscule.

Sound is good for some corps ( especially mine - Skyliners Alumni ) but questionable for a few others.

Camera selection is good ( except for repeatedly going to Honor Guards ) = overall a very good product.

I hope Box5 continues with DCA ( without the delays and etc )

frankiE

I hope all of these issues with the DVD's are relateed to Box5 moving or something or other and nothing else.

I have dealt with these folks over the phone and etc. and they are very profesionnal and easy to wotk with and also very friendly.

Nonetheless i received the alumni DVD with nwo disc 1's ( one lacked audio for Reilly ) and Box5 sent out a replacement immediately.

The regular DVD is really sharp , I bought a Blu-Ray individual performance and the difference is miniscule.

Sound is good for some corps ( especially mine - Skyliners Alumni ) but questionable for a few others.

Camera selection is good ( except for repeatedly going to Honor Guards ) = overall a very good product.

I hope Box5 continues with DCA ( without the delays and etc )

frankiE

I'm not speaking for Box 5 here, but I know that the previous provider got grief for NOT showing the honor guards/American sections. DCA apparently put that on their list of "requirements" for this year's supplier - whoever it was going to be.

Did Box 5 go overboard with too many shots of American sections? I don't know, but the total time they were shown was hardly enough to impinge upon the overall video of the show of any particular corps.

I'm not speaking for Box 5 here, but I know that the previous provider got grief for NOT showing the honor guards/American sections. DCA apparently put that on their list of "requirements" for this year's supplier - whoever it was going to be.

Did Box 5 go overboard with too many shots of American sections? I don't know, but the total time they were shown was hardly enough to impinge upon the overall video of the show of any particular corps.

Also, many of the honor guard shots were from a distance so that they were shooting through the corps proper. Nothing missed....and the mics didn't move anyway.

Joe Dz in NJ