Streamlining Foodservice

There was one Canadian corps that required the members to bring their own plate, cup, spoon, fork, knife to camps and tour with them. More to carry around, but did reduce some cost for the corps.

There was one Canadian corps that required the members to bring their own plate, cup, spoon, fork, knife to camps and tour with them. More to carry around, but did reduce some cost for the corps.

Health-wise it's probably a lot smarter to stick with the plastic/disposable stuff.

• Like 1

For the love of Christmas Make IT STOP!

I know, I was thinking the same thing.... pardon the pun, but gag me with a spoon.

• Like 1

We did that back in the day....but it's already far to easy for a stomach virus to run through a corps (pardon the pun) disposable plates, et all are a much safer way to go.

I think corps should hook up all members to IV's of saline to streamline water breaks, as well as catheter bags to streamline bathroom breaks. I mean, it makes perfect sense, right??? :crazy:

Completely Frigging Awesome... :worthy:

I think corps should hook up all members to IV's of saline to streamline water breaks, as well as catheter bags to streamline bathroom breaks. I mean, it makes perfect sense, right??? :crazy:

Sure, so long as you become the first volunteer to become " Corps catheter sanitary engineer ".

• Like 1

Have you seen a housing site after a corps leaves? I'm talking about the mountain of trash bags that a corps typically leaves after all the dumpsters are filled up. Mostly plates, cups, plasticware and various other food service trash.

I know most on DCP think this a big joke or like most Americans...don't care. Sad really. I worked with a corps that experimented with washing dishes and cups, it was deemed to time consuming and a possible health hazard. We went right to tons of disposable items and haven't looked back. Like most corps.

A reasonable request might that members and staff think twice when consuming. It drives me crazy when a kid throws out their trash from a meal...then gets back in line for seconds on cups and plates and food. Also, when a kid takes two cups because they are thirsty. Seriously?

If you think today's members are practicing so hard that they don't have time to wash a cup or plate, or help the kitchen staff for a few minutes to wash up after a meal, you are sadly mistaken.

If you think today's members are practicing so hard that they don't have time to wash a cup or plate, or help the kitchen staff for a few minutes to wash up after a meal, you are sadly mistaken.

When members wake up before everyone else to line practice fields and put up scaffolding, I think they should get all the down time during the day they can get.

If the admin and instructional staff wants kids to wash their own dishes, then maybe the admin and staff should do some of the other stuff, instead of downing 6 packs after the shows.

• Like 2