"Heart Is More Than Winning"

wow.....that's really cool of your sis to do that......... :)

wow, GREAT stories everybody! Lisa, yours especially hit home. I am "Vanguard through and through" as well, even though i never go to march with Santa Clara(except for a few camps) thanks to a knee injury my age-out year....my heart will still always be with SCV though.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Getting Beat by the Blue Angels too many times to count when I was in Drum and Bell. (as well as the Royal Family)

Funny...I live in San Lorenzo now and My kids go to Colonial Acres (which is about 100 yards from our place on Meekland).

I run into ex Blue Angels quite often. (I work at Dollar Cleaners by Rasputins) and one whom I talk to about the old days a lot works for the school district (her last name is Wurm).

well, if ya weren't in the Red Knights or Blue Angels............then who did you march with?

Blue Devils. I was the Very first Snare Drummer in the Cadet Corps in 71. (now called the C corps)

Edited by flammaster

Wow Rich, your story really touched me. I know and marched with your sister, Sandi, in SCV 75. Of course, SCV always lost with class, as we were all trained to do. But now knowing that this was all going on out there at retreat in 76, unseen and unheard, is quite moving.

Thanks for the feeling.

Edited by Moe712002

:;'

Finally, her and I decided to join the Royalaires Drum and Bugle Corps (where I met Scott Johnson), from close by San Leandro, Ca, and finally, I was accepted to play in the Drum Line.

Her an I remained with the Royalaires until 1974, when the corps merged with the Stockton Commodores, to form the Royal Commodores, which lasted one season.

You mean this corps I just posted on my webpage at:

Munson's California Scrapbook

Where are you and your sister in this picture???

Great story...

Thanks for checking out the Renegades earlier this season...

Finally, her and I decided to join the Royalaires Drum and Bugle Corps (where I met Scott Johnson), from close by San Leandro, Ca, and finally, I was accepted to play in the Drum Line.

Her an I remained with the Royalaires until 1974, when the corps merged with the Stockton Commodores, to form the Royal Commodores, which lasted one season.

You mean this corps I just posted on my webpage at:

Munson's California Scrapbook

Where are you and your sister in this picture???

Great story...

Thanks for checking out the Renegades earlier this season...

well....if you look at the 2nd Tympani(actual drum) from the left, and look directly behind it, I am the dude in the 2nd row without a shako..............I'm not sure where Sandi is, the pic is to small.