Annapolis Hotels

G-Rott

A few things you can do to keep rates down for rooms.

Call the Hotel or Motel you wish to stay at. Talk Directly, with them. The big Motel Chains, most times you call, is some big Reservation Center. The Res. Center will just give you whatever rate is listed. A "Front Desk" Call, CAN give deals Not listed. Finding the "Local, Motel Front Desk" number sometimes is harder to get. But many times Worth the extra work.

Many places have Discounts for AARP. - Military (with ID Cards) - AAA - Police/Fireman, and more. Most times you Can Not Combine a discount rate.

Those "Travel Books" you see at rest area's on Interstate Hwy's and Toll Roads, can be usefull. BUT check them out by phone Before you go. They are sometimes imited in what you can get (# of rooms, times, ETC. (Read that fine print)

Sometimes Not telling them why you are coming is good also. They may not be awear that some Big Event will be going on in Sept. Let's face it Many do Not think "Drum and Bugle Corps" is much of a big thing. Specialy this time of year. (come April, May, or June they may have things figured out.)

But, remember being Labor Day weekend, it will harder to get a discount. So the farther you stay from High Tourest area's the better. (Water front in Annapolice, Six Flags or Beach front)

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Some tips from a "local"...

- Staying "IN" Annapolis is definitely expensive, but there are dozens of hotels within a 20 minute ride of the stadium. Try towns like Glen Burnie, Columbia, and Bowie, all about a 20 minute drive to Annapolis.

- For the interservice show, the judges stayed at the Comfort Inn Conference Center in Bowie. Decent rates ($125/night), right off Route 50, and a 20 min ride to Annapolis. Decent restaurants right there (Longhorn Steakhouse, Smokey Bones BBQ, etc.) and free hot breakfast, too.

- Hotels around BWI tend to be reasonably priced. The towns of Ferndale and Linthicum circle BWI, and are still only 20 minutes from the stadium.

- There are several newer chain hotels around the Arundel Mills Mall in Hanover, MD. Again, about 20 minutes from Annapolis.

- Yes, everything on Earth is only 20 minutes to Annapolis.

- Ok, that last one wasn't entirely accurate.

Jeff

• Like 1

Stayed at the Hampton/Glen Burnie for the Annapolis Service Academy DC Show this past fall. Usual complimentary hot breakfast; numerous shopping and eating establishments within walking distance on the Ritchie HW strip; good travels back and forth for the weekend; VERY reasonable rates; my wife would stay there again.

• Like 1

I checked rates at many hotels in the area in October, but held off on making reservations then because I was under the impression that the reservations were going to be handled as they were in Rochester. Since that time, the area hotels have obviously received a "heads up" that there will be a captive audience in town for that weekend and they ALL graciously increased their rates to welcome us. To use the example above for Hampton Inn(Annapolis), I could have booked when I first checked for about $110 night, the best rate I can get now is $140+ (those are AAA rates, BTW), for the SAME room type/# of guests. I hope DCA keeps this tactic in mind should Annapolis put in a bid to host future DCA championships.

I checked rates at many hotels in the area in October, but held off on making reservations then because I was under the impression that the reservations were going to be handled as they were in Rochester. Since that time, the area hotels have obviously received a "heads up" that there will be a captive audience in town for that weekend and they ALL graciously increased their rates to welcome us. To use the example above for Hampton Inn(Annapolis), I could have booked when I first checked for about $110 night, the best rate I can get now is $140+ (those are AAA rates, BTW), for the SAME room type/# of guests. I hope DCA keeps this tactic in mind should Annapolis put in a bid to host future DCA championships.

:blink: I would have thought there were contract provisions against stuff like this happening from jump street,..........? :shutup:

:blink: I would have thought there were contract provisions against stuff like this happening from jump street,..........? :shutup:

If you need info on booking a small block with a special rate feel free to email directly at allengun@aol.com

Orbitz still shows them as available...but the price is $179/night!

The info. I got that there were none available came right off the Marriott website; have no idea why they would list no rooms available if they still have vacancy...but what you said on price just bears out what I said several posts ago about the rates going up once they realized there were big doings in town for that weekend.

When I was looking in December they were available at $179 a night, no AAA discount available.

When I was looking in December they were available at $179 a night, no AAA discount available.

Rooms at the Best Western are still in the $110-$125 range with AAA or AARP ... Sky Alumni is staying there ...

:-)

• Like 1