"Ergosonic" angled shell basses

Jim Nevermann

I don't know.

You or anyone else here ever play Stingray? I'm told the snares & tenors were VERY heavy. Although how much heavier could Stingray tenors have been than most other manufactures today are? To me they're all absurdly heavy.

early model Stingrays were heavy. As time went on they adapted that, but they required a ton of maintenance. And really, we played them because at that time, it was tough to get endorsements in DCA.

We made em sound like gold, but the hell we went through to get them there....no thanks.

That said, heard these things in indoor....was not impressed with the sound

• 3 weeks later...

Saw these drums in Dayton with Everitt H.S.. I thought they sounded great and the look was much cleaner.

early model Stingrays were heavy. As time went on they adapted that, but they required a ton of maintenance. And really, we played them because at that time, it was tough to get endorsements in DCA.

We made em sound like gold, but the hell we went through to get them there....no thanks.

That said, heard these things in indoor....was not impressed with the sound

I'm not going to be opposed to them until I hear them and make the decision then...but if they do sound better than the bass drums we have now, it's going to be hard to adjust to seeing these really weird-looking drums on the field.

But I don't think that they're going to sound that much better than the ones we have now. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Um, did you read the testimonials page?

Navin Johnson

Graucho Marx

Carl Marx

Thomas Edison

Will Rogers

Sir Isaac Newton

Are you sure that this isn't a joke?

"I once played an ErgoSonic Bass Drum in my pajamas. How it got in my pajamas, I'll never know!"

Graucho Marx

"Never again will the nobility of the working class marching bass drummer be subjected to the petty bourgeois oppression, degradation, dehumanization and exploitation of the conventional bass drum producing industrialist machine"

Carl Marx

"To think I wasted my time on the electric light bulb"

Thomas Edison

"I never met an ErgoSonic Bass Drum I didn't like"

Will Rogers

"I can most certainly appreciate the gravity of this invention."

Sir Isaac Newton

.....Looks legit to me :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a picture of the Ergo Sonic Marching Bass Drum, very cool I can't wait to see them in action this winter indoor season.

They are going to have a booth at WGI championship in Dayton, so check them out at the booth.

I talk to Ken at Ergo Sonic and that the bass drummers that use them said that they feel lighter than normal bass drums, light drums good for the back.

Plus the bass line can crap walk like everyone else in the line. And play even harder notes, all good.

Everett_1Web.jpg

I'm sorry I have to say I very much dislike these drums. They look 'amateur' and the sound of them is nothing like a 'traditional' bass line. As for playing harder or more notes...I don't really see it. If you have disciplined and skilled bass line they can play fine with the 'traditional' drums. The lines I saw using these actually played fewer notes. The tuning was quite close and lacked any true bass sound. I think these are just gimmicky but a shout out to trying to bring back some old school style drums. Great attempt...but back to the drawing board on these!