What's with all the hate for BD

Is there any possibility that this topic could be closed? I think it is obvious there is no longer any good discussion going on. There are two sides to this issue, and neither side will be able to make the other see their on it.

You sound like the uncle at Thanksgiving dinner..who is nodding off..and blurts out "hey, this conversation about the economy is boring...I'm gonna take a crap!"

Also, unless you are mesmerized by the title of the thread (like a bug to a night light), there is no need to open it.

rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I hope you're also allowing for the fact that maybe people DID get what they were going for and STILL didn't like the show.

Quite a few... is my guess. And yes, I stand edited.

You sound like the uncle at Thanksgiving dinner..who is nodding off..and blurts out "hey, this conversation about the economy is boring...I'm gonna take a crap!"

Also, unless you are mesmerized by the title of the thread (like a bug to a night light), there is no need to open it.

rolleyes.gif

You did an excellent job of completely dismissing me. I feel so bad now.

• Like 2

I visited this thread 30 minutes ago...then went off to youtube...just poking around...and found this:

I do believe there are NO copyright issues...it's an original - and has tens of thousands of views. In my opinion, a great performance - fine playing top to bottom (yay top - wow!).

But the reason I post it here is the comments. If people think hate for BD does not leak out to other places, just read through some of that. Of course, there is the usual 'oh, that's not so great...I could do better' kind of crap. But there is SO MUCH of it...that's what amazes me.

Anyway - go - listen - enjoy. It truly lives up to the word: Awesome.

• Like 1

I hope you're also allowing for the fact that maybe people DID get what they were going for and STILL didn't like the show.

impossible. if you didnt like it yo didnt get it

(insert sarcasm)

every corps has, for whatever reason, people that hate them no matter what. I can honestly I'm pretty sure BD is NOT the leader in this regard. That corps would not wear blue and be about 3,000 miles to the east.

Do some people want other champions besides BD? Some, yes. Do many people not like BD's design the last few years? Very much yes.

there you have it. thread over

every corps has, for whatever reason, people that hate them no matter what. I can honestly I'm pretty sure BD is NOT the leader in this regard. That corps would not wear blue and be about 3,000 miles to the east.

Do some people want other champions besides BD? Some, yes. Do many people not like BD's design the last few years? Very much yes..

there you have it. thread over

365 replies to this thread (in a relatively short period of time).....other than the BOD discussion, twice as many as the next closest which is also about "guess who"....and dwarfing most other threads. Wonder why? Well, you say we're done....prolly should have been the first post, and saved us a lot of typing.

And seeing that the thread over, you may want to PM me with those metrics you used for that "very much yes" analysis you did there.

Edited by Plan9

365 replies to this thread (in a relatively short period of time).....other than the BOD discussion, twice as many as the next closest which is also about "guess who"....and dwarfing most other threads. Wonder why? Well, you say we're done....prolly should have been the first post, and saved us a lot of typing.

And seeing that the thread over, you may want to PM me with those metrics you used for that "very much yes" analysis you did there.

There's a reason that BD videos are among the most "disliked" drum corps videos on Youtube.

• Like 1

Well, you keep posting here. You tell us.

As do you, and I thought I did. Well, both threads have a negative spin on BD....other threads deal with either general stuff about other corps, their show designs and other accomplishments, and target-less topics that (more or less) are meant to support other corps and DCI in general. All of which probably match in posts combined... these two threads. The corps we love to hate. Your turn.