RIP Duke Cornwell

Just got word that my good friend Duke "JOE" Cornwell has lost his battle with cancer and will be reunited in the old Skyliner's french horn section with Pepe.

Duke played with St Rooco's Cadets in the sixties, and the Skyliners. I worked with JOE at the Hurricanes in 2004 and subsequently judged with him at the Calvalcade of Bands. His has also judged in DCA.

I have no word on any type of funeral services.

Donny

RIP Duke....

Godspeed.

Way too many greats leaving us way too soon.

Just got word that my good friend Duke "JOE" Cornwell has lost his battle with cancer and will be reunited in the old Skyliner's french horn section with Pepe.

Duke played with St Rooco's Cadets in the sixties, and the Skyliners. I worked with JOE at the Hurricanes in 2004 and subsequently judged with him at the Calvalcade of Bands. His has also judged in DCA.

I have no word on any type of funeral services.

Donny

A good corpsman no matter who he was involved with ... Brooklyn true to the bone ... one funny dude ... Pepe is surely cooking up some schemes with him right now ...

RIP

Sorry to hear this news. He was a good man, indeed. And like Andy said.... great sense of humor.

RIP, Duke.

A good corpsman no matter who he was involved with ... Brooklyn true to the bone ... one funny dude ... Pepe is surely cooking up some schemes with him right now ...

RIP

Steiny called me with the news this morning. Very sad indeed. Ronald Cornwell was a great person, good french horn and one of the funniest guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and working with (Wall St).

He also played with OLPH in the late 50s before going to St Rocco's.

Besides the Hurcs, he also taught Cabs Alumni, Archer-Epler ( sometimes doubling as DM too) and various HS bands in the South Jersey area. Like Andy said, Brooklyn to the bone, no matter where he hung his hat.

You will be missed Duke.

Ray

Very sad to hear of Duke's passing. Seems like we've lost way too many good corps people lately.

Rest in Peace, Duke.

RIP Duke! I will miss you on this forum!