91 BD or 93 BD?

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which show would you like to see BD do again?

• 1991 (Conversations In Jazz)
    • 1993 (Don Ellis Portrait)

1993 Completely ... my favorite Blue Devils shows ... so happy I got to see it live 4 times ...

91 for me. I liked the '93 show a lot, but it kind of dragged in spots for me, and '91 never did. I maintain that it is one of the few shows that you could use a time machine and drop in today and it wouldn't feel out of place.

Mike

See, I LOVED BD '91 in 1991, but it was definitely out of place then compared to the shows around it, but it would be a blast today.

See, I LOVED BD '91 in 1991, but it was definitely out of place then compared to the shows around it, but it would be a blast today.

The choice of music for 91 actually came from George Zingali. He brought it up to Jay... and Jay thought it was great, took it to Wayne.

Another one completely out of place in it's time....

That is a show that would still be solid now. Light years ahead of its time.

The choice of music for 91 actually came from George Zingali. He brought it up to Jay... and Jay thought it was great, took it to Wayne.

Genius! I was freaked out by the music, but recognized the level of difficult in putting something like that together! It was truly on of my favorite BD shows!

That show was also weird, but I really appreciated what they were doing. Not the cleanest visual book for sure, but pretty dang difficult show even by today's standards. I believe that the guard staff from that show were involved with Star '93.....

That show was also weird, but I really appreciated what they were doing. Not the cleanest visual book for sure, but pretty dang difficult show even by today's standards. I believe that the guard staff from that show were involved with Star '93.....

Man, both horn books are amazing, but 2 things IMHO makes 1993 my choice over 1991. The fact that Great Divide and Chain Reaction in 13/8, and the park and play section of the first section of "Chain Reaction". But man the 91 hornline is sick!!