NEW DCI Board of Directors

Well, they are misinformed as well. I suspect they reallty wern't there at the time at all, and so their comparison with the motives of the Founders of DCI and the motives of the handful of G7 architects as one and the same is nonsense. Thats because the Founders of DCI would never have supported any proposal to immediately eliminate a dozen Drum Corps. I know this for a fact. So I don't really care what somebody might've told you. Thats because anybody that tells you differently is just wrong about this.

well I was there and related( sorta ) to a person directly involved,...they were great men BUT knew what they were doing. They may have saved drum corps as a whole back then but they knew it was not going to be without many many casulatities....We love to re wright our history and rose color it dont we...lol....Let me ask you something You state what the founding fathers would or would not have done..isnt that the same as others saying the same but not agreeing? Seeing I was a kid in a corps maybe you have a different take on it if youn were there also..I would be interested to hear your views on it :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 3

well I was there and related( sorta ) to a person directly involved,...they were great men BUT knew what they were doing. They may have saved drum corps as a whole back then but they knew it was not going to be without many many casulatities....We love to re wright our history and rose color it dont we...lol....Let me ask you something You state what the founding fathers would or would not have done..isnt that the same as others saying the same but not agreeing? Seeing I was a kid in a corps maybe you have a different take on it if youn were there also..I would be interested to hear your views on it :smile:

I'm not trying to " rewrite history with rose colored glasses ". I'm more into accuracy. The Founders of DCI in hindsight made a lot of mistakes that had they known the consequences of their initiatives perhaps they would have adopted other initiatives instead. Who knows. The National Touring Model " adopted right out of the box may not have been best way to go. Maybe they should have adopted an NCAA model where a few Corps win their regional, and then we have 12 Corps, 3 from each 4 regions, face off in the Nationals. The Founders in 1970-1971 could not have envisioned that a few years later we'd have a gas shortsage and that fuel costs would go through the roof. Or that Drum Corps woyld ber impacted by the Draft, Vietnam, and so forth. Its easy to have 20-20 eyesight now. But their motives were nowhere like the selfish G7 proposal that called for the immediate killing off of an entire class of Drum Corps. There is a difference in motives. A huge difference, imo. There is no benefit in disparaging unfairly the motives of others from the past in an attempt to justify the inexcuseable actions of a few misquided Corps Directors of today. Their selfish proposal stands alone for the brazen attempt to extort other member Corps in a financial shakedown attempt and couple that for a call to kill off a whole Division of Drum Corps in one swift measure. Thats an unprecedented occurance in the Drum Corps activity, my friend.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm not trying to " rewrite history with rose colored glasses ". I'm more into accuracy. The Faounders of DCI in hindsight made a lot of mistaskes that had they knew the consequences of their initiatives perhaps they would have adppted otyer initiatives. Who knows. The National Touring Model " adopted right out of the bix may not have been best way to go. Maybe they should have had an NCAA model where a few Corps win their regional, and then we had 12 Corps, 3 from eaqch region face off in the Nationsals. The Founders in 1970-1971 could not have envisioned that a few years later we'd have a gas shortsage and that fuel costs would go through the roof. Or that Drum Corps woyld ber impacted by the Draft, Vietnam, and so forth. Its easy to have 20-20 eyesight now. But their motives were nowhere like the G7 proposal that called for the immediate killing off of an entire class of Drum Corps. TAhere is a difference in motives. A huge difference, imo.

yes you are right about those changing times BUT they sure did know that many corps would never survive. No no they didnt say get out we dont want ya BUT just let it happen on its own..the strong survived...Having a direct motive ( verbally ) or knowing it would happen...doesnt seem alot different to me...BUT thats my take on it :smile:

• Like 1

At its annual business meetings held in Rosemont, Ill., on Friday, Jan. 20, the 22 voting members of Drum Corps International elected five corps-affiliated and three unaffiliated directors to oversee the business affairs of the corporation.Elected to the affiliated posts are Chairman Mark Arnold (Blue Knights) and Vice Chairman Chris Komnick (Madison Scouts) who will serve three-year terms, Roman Blenski (Pioneer) and Treasurer Fred Morrison (Crossmen) who will serve two-year terms, and Secretary Tom Spataro (Boston Crusaders) who will serve a one-year term.

Elected to the unaffiliated posts are Wyoming attorney John Masterson, Indianapolis-based healthcare administration professional Julie Burns, and Michigan attorney Mark Stasa who will serve three, two and one-year terms respectively.

Read more: http://www.dci.org/n...3#ixzz1k4XKgbfb

NO MORE WORRY ABOUT WOODWINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

.....well....at LEAST for 3 more terms.....HOPEFULLY forever...........

• Like 2

yes you are right about those changing times BUT they sure did know that many corps would never survive. No no they didnt say get out we dont want ya BUT just let it happen on its own..the strong survived...Having a direct motive ( verbally ) or knowing it would happen...doesnt seem alot different to me...BUT thats my take on it :smile:

The Founders of DCI early on set up a smaller division to ACCOMMODATE smaller, newer, inexperienced Corps.

The G7 proposal called for the ELIMINATION of the smaller Division of smaller,newer, inexperienced Corps.

See the difference a bit better now ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Oh I know one who probably definitely put his name in. He won't stop putting his name in. Because woodwinds are going to save DCI.

ph34r.gif

Whew!

We were fast approaching 20 posts without some sort of manufactured drama regarding Hopkins/woodwinds/BOD/end-of-drum-corps-as-we-know-it!!

... Thank you for saving us.

• Like 3

The Founders of DCI early on set up a smaller division to ACCOMMODATE smaller, newer, inexperienced Corps.

The G7 proposal called for the ELIMINATION of the smaller Division of smaller,newer, inexperienced Corps.

See the difference a bit better now ?

Oh sure..just as inclusive and WC wants OC to be...........color it anyway you like,,,,,,actually doesnt really matter much now does it. we've been through this as well as the G7 thing till it hurt.....Lets see what happens next

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

Keep in mind that once the secret, behind closed doors, G7 scheme proposal became public an emergency DCI meeting was quickly convened by DCI membership and a recall of the DCI Executive Board was voted on, and replacements on the DCI Executive Board took place. Some of the replaced DCI Executive Board members were not about to put their names back into the mix for considersation this year. Their chances of being favorably voted back in this year by Membership were most likely slim to none. So its really not that difficult to grasp why the DCI membership at large voted to return many of the DCI Executive Board members from last year back again this year. The current DCI Executive Board did a magnificent job in holding DCI together in a time of unprecedented crisis, and many Board members were rewarded for that by reelection and a vote of confidence.

yeah...some ######## here on DCP got a copy of the powerpoint and leaked.

:ph34r: