Systemic Structural Risk and Too Big To Fail

no, he [stuart smalley] was entertaining

If you say so; but I see your point; he was entertaining enough to get elected to do his comedy commode act in the capital city.

you do realize Gahfield likes to look at both sides of the question right?

Yes, but there comes a time when enough questions have been asked within a public forum in which a side can be chosen by the person posing the questions. I was merely asking Garfield if he was ready to choose a side since there have been ample enough questions and ample enough time to figure out which side he is on.

Do me, him, DCP, and yourself a favor....go after a different windmill. This one is made of sharp metal

As far as I know this site is about the free exchange of ideas concerning the activity of drum corps; and while we may have differences of opinion (or differences in how we read a posting), the windmills are not supposed to be metal cutting blades but just turn with the energy of debate. And through that free exchange of opinion, is it not part of the process to find out where a person actually stands on any given issue? Especially when we are discussing thought provoking subjects brought up by both Garfield and Danielray which would radically alter DCI such as Restructuring Classes, Restructuring the Board, and Structural Risk-Too Big to Fail? Unless Garfield is Machiavellian (which I do not believe him to be), why is it, if we are just debating opinion, that I would get cut with a sharp metal windmill if I merely ask where he actually stands on those three subjects in which he has publicly been engaging?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

As an aside, that half baked, lightweight comic took his schtick to Congress. No wonder the Country's in a financial mess.

He has a better education in politics than the majority of congress. He wasn't a comedian that wandered into politics, but a political scientist that wandered into comedy.

He earned a degree in political science from Harvard and interned in congress before doing comedy. He started on SNL as a writer, doing mostly political observational pieces. The guy did this for 20 years. Until The Daily Show arrived, SNL was the sharpest political humour out there.

I could also argue that real political humour is an extremely valuable thing for a society, and is a catalyst for getting people to actually pay attention to what happens in congress. Electing a representative and then no longer remaining actively engaged in what they are doing is sort of like sitting down for a haircut and telling the stylist "I don't care, surprise me"

Anyway, the real reason why the country is in a financial mess has nothing to do with politics, but comes down to people wanting to live beyond their means. Large corporations, banks and financial institutions only capitalized on this. It is as simple as that.

• Like 1

He has a better education in politics than the majority of congress. He wasn't a comedian that wandered into politics, but a political scientist that wandered into comedy.

He earned a degree in political science from Harvard and interned in congress before doing comedy. He started on SNL as a writer, doing mostly political observational pieces. The guy did this for 20 years. Until The Daily Show arrived, SNL was the sharpest political humour out there.

I could also argue that real political humour is an extremely valuable thing for a society, and is a catalyst for getting people to actually pay attention to what happens in congress. Electing a representative and then no longer remaining actively engaged in what they are doing is sort of like sitting down for a haircut and telling the stylist "I don't care, surprise me"

Anyway, the real reason why the country is in a financial mess has nothing to do with politics, but comes down to people wanting to live beyond their means. Large corporations, banks and financial institutions only capitalized on this. It is as simple as that.

So, Franken is a political scientist that wandered into comedy and then went to Washington; that explains a lot right there. Thanks!!! Here is a thought: Franken and Danielray for President-Vice President, now there is a combination to save DCI and the United States all in one swoop!!!!

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

So, Franken is a political scientist that wandered into comedy and then went to Washington; that explains a lot right there. Thanks!!! Here is a thought: Franken and Danielray for President-Vice President, now there is a combination to save DCI and the United States all in one swoop!!!!

You fascinate me. Really.

Some great ideas here. Here's one more:

Keep the corps dependent upon DCI for a significant portion of their annual budget. Make it too painful, financially, to leave. Give them everything they want.

ph34r.gif

I keed. I keed.

Stu, take a tranquilizer.

if you are really serious about that statement.........MAking anyone financially dependent would certainly go against the original reason for forming DCI where corps were to make choices for themselves. Seems to me if you trap people and force, that takes away that freedom. But maybe you werent serious about that.

Fully agree with this, but before we leave the politics aside, let's not forget the political social engineering that went into Freddie and Fannie pusing lenders to ease restrictions knowing the GSA's would pick up the bad debt. Thanks Barney and Franklin...

Now, back to the show and away from political commentary.

MikeZ has his eye on us...

:ph34r:

if you are really serious about that statement.........MAking anyone financially dependent would certainly go against the original reason for forming DCI where corps were to make choices for themselves. Seems to me if you trap people and force, that takes away that freedom. But maybe you werent serious about that.

Yes, of course I'm serious. That's why I put "I keed" in there twice.

:tongue:

Some great ideas here. Here's one more:

Keep the corps dependent upon DCI for a significant portion of their annual budget. Make it too painful, financially, to leave. Give them everything they want.

ph34r.gif

I keed. I keed.

Who's kidding? The WC corps are dependent on DCI for a significant portion of their annual budget. That's been the case ever since DCI was formed. To a large extent, that's why DCI was formed.

And, to a large extent, that's why the G7 haven't left DCI.

• Like 1