Save Drum Corps Part II (a): The Solution

w

One thing for sure is they are different and theres no denying that as many do wish or would like to think they are the same...there are way to many world changes that have made all things different, not better or worse but very different.

One is on solid ground when they state that " Drum Corps in ( pick an era ) is different than today's Drum Corps". Most would have to agree that there has been many changes over the years in Drum Corps. However, its gets a little dicier to state that a marcher of today gets a better (or worse) " experience in enjoyment level " than in earlier eras.... or that a marcher from an earlier era had a less ( or more ) satisfiyng experience doing Drum Corps than the typical marcher of today. Its literally impossible to make that claim, imo. No matter what their level of " experience " is in Drum Corps. Today, or in 1948 or whenever.

Edited by BRASSO

One is on solid ground when they state that " Drum Corps in ( pick an era ) is different than today's Drum Corps". Most would have to agree that there has been many changes over the years in Drum Corps. However, its gets a little dicier to state that a marcher of today gets a better (or worse) " experience in enjoyment level " than in earlier eras.... or that a marcher from an earlier era had a less ( or more ) satisfiyng experience doing Drum Corps than the typical marcher of today. Its literally impossible to make that claim, imo. No matter what their level of " experience " is in Drum Corps. Today, or in 1948 or whenever.

were actually saying the same thing all Im saying is that someone INVOLVED today could maybe make a better judgement....if there isnt a bridge person then NO comparision at all could be made

well, if there's a bunch of old farts like the OP around here stirring trouble, I think the younger members of this thread should be unpleasant and ignorant as well! after all, it would be unfair if we weren't :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: let me start off: I LOVE B-FLAT HORNS, I LOVE AMPLIFICATION, I LOVE TEMPOS HIGHER THAN 160, I LOVE GEORGE HOPKINS AND DAVID GIBBS, I LOVE JAZZ RUNNING, I LOVE THE 2010 BLUE DEVILS SHOW, I DO NOT ENJOY 70's-80's DRUM CORPS, DINOSAURS SHOULD BE EXTINCT LIKE THE REAL ONES, etc. Please, if you are a dinosaur, grow up. you can't bring the past back and bringing down the future generation does nothing good except show how complacent you are. COMPLACENCY KILLS, thats why the activity has grown and changed over the years, thats why its not about inspections and marking time. ITS. JUST. MARCHING. BAND. DUH. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

also, can we get a moderator to close any thread this guy starts? I'm never going to get the 10 days it took me to read his nonsense back and would like to protect others from nonsense...

• Like 2

also, can we get a moderator to close any thread this guy starts? I'm never going to get the 10 days it took me to read his nonsense back and would like to protect others from nonsense...

Psst... use the "Started By" column... saves me a few times....

he doesnt speak for anyone..young or older..

wasn't implying he spoke for anyone, nonsense is nonsense, no matter what age a persons mouth it comes out of

wasn't implying he spoke for anyone, nonsense is nonsense, no matter what age a persons mouth it comes out of

youre right..didnt mean you were implying..like many threads..he's not gonna save drum corps, noone is restructuring DCI..if a corps wants to change a plume color no amount of moaning here is going to make a director change their mind and electronics arent going away..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

Or combine all of his threads so we have a central place to slam him for his idiocy.

• Like 2

well, if there's a bunch of old farts like the OP around here stirring trouble, I think the younger members of this thread should be unpleasant and ignorant as well! after all, it would be unfair if we weren't :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: let me start off: I LOVE B-FLAT HORNS, I LOVE AMPLIFICATION, I LOVE TEMPOS HIGHER THAN 160, I LOVE GEORGE HOPKINS AND DAVID GIBBS, I LOVE JAZZ RUNNING, I LOVE THE 2010 BLUE DEVILS SHOW, I DO NOT ENJOY 70's-80's DRUM CORPS, DINOSAURS SHOULD BE EXTINCT LIKE THE REAL ONES, etc. Please, if you are a dinosaur, grow up. you can't bring the past back and bringing down the future generation does nothing good except show how complacent you are. COMPLACENCY KILLS, thats why the activity has grown and changed over the years, thats why its not about inspections and marking time. ITS. JUST. MARCHING. BAND. DUH. :rolleyes:

I'm a Dinosaur, and I happen to enjoy shows both from the past and the present. As an artist, I agree with you about complacency and stagnation. We should always be experimenting and pushing forward. But at the same time, some of the coolest innovations I've seen, have often come from bringing past influences into the present and putting a new twist on them.

As for your comment to the OP about not being able to get the ten days back...

Well at least now you'll have a new appreciation for standing in line at the DMV.