Are there any tuba spots left in WC?

I second this. The Crossmen are a fantastic group from top to bottom. You would have a great experience there! :thumbup:

Oh yea, Crossmen for sure!

• Like 1

I second this. The Crossmen are a fantastic group from top to bottom. You would have a great experience there! :thumbup:

I'll agree with this. The Crossmen are one of the best run corps in DCI. Fred is first class in every way.

• Like 4

Yes! Jersey Surf! They are deep in tubas, but will march as many as show up! They have a new tuba tech who marched Bluecoats Contra Line from 2007-2010...a nice pedigree! :wink:

Agreed! They have produced some kick ### tuba lines as of late.

Yes! Jersey Surf! They are deep in tubas, but will march as many as show up! They have a new tuba tech who marched Bluecoats Contra Line from 2007-2010...a nice pedigree! :wink:

Good direct. :worthy:

Thanks for the suggestion of surf, but I live in SC, so plane tickets are a huge factor.

• Like 1

It's "only" a 12-hour drive. Get someone to go with you! I'm sure Surf could hook you up.

Carolina Crown was looking for tuba players recently. Look them up...they're from SC too.

I don't know where he lives in South Carolina, but it's seven hours from Columbia, SC to Lexington, Kentucky. If Southwind is coming back, that could be a great choice for someone in his situation.

Good advice, as usual, from good old Anton (Bruckner...8...double 'O' 8...)

Checking into Surf was good advice. Crown? Not so much. Remember, this is a 16 year old who wasn't ready to march Spirit. Also, Crown specifically asked for tuba players with corps experience.

Checking into Surf was good advice. Crown? Not so much. Remember, this is a 16 year old who wasn't ready to march Spirit. Also, Crown specifically asked for tuba players with corps experience.

His #1 concern seemed to be convenience. He has nothing to lose by contacting Crown. Crown has nothing to lose by auditioning him.

Wow, DCP is testy these days.

• Like 4